10.6 - Fast Forward - Wedding

'May I have this dance?' Harry asked me, standing in front of me, handing me his hand while I was sitting watching the newlyweds dancing. We went to the dancefloor, as the people gathered around to dance. It was a slow ballad, so I had my arms around his neck and his were around my waist, and we were swaying to the rhythm of the music.

'How are you holding up?' I asked teasingly.

'I have no idea what you're talking about.'

'Please! I saw you tearing up during the ceremony and a couple of minutes ago when they were having their first dance as a married couple!'

'I can't help it! I love weddings! And they're so adorable together! They have so much love for each other and they made it here together and it's so beautiful.' He defended.

'You're such a softy!' I chuckled. 'Not that I mind. I love how sensitive you are, it's really a change of pace!'

'Thank you! And I love how I'm rubbing off on you. Before me, you almost never cry watching a movie. Not even when the pet dies!'

'It's a work of fiction, why would I cry at something that is not real!'

'Babe, it's called empathy. Anyway, let's not ruin this beautiful night with meaningless arguments.'

'Yeah, you're right. They really did an amazing job with all the decorations. It's so beautiful here.'

'Not as beautiful as you! This blue dress is magnificent on you. Honestly, I never thought you could look any more stunning. But tonight? Wow. It's all I can say. After almost a year and a half of knowing each other, you can still take my breath away.'

He looked straight into my eyes saying that and then leaned in slowly, merely brushing our lips against each other, teasing me, pushing me to do the first move. I pulled him in as our lips connected and moved in sync. We forgot ourselves in the kiss, ignoring all the people and the sounds around us. We pull apart, and I whispered into his ear as I rested my head on his shoulder, still dancing, 'It's amazing, after almost a year and a half of knowing each other, you can still give me butterflies in my stomach.'

The rest of the night was almost fairytale like, we danced we ate, we had fun with our friends.

'Hey! It's our future bride! Where's your fiancé?' I teased Katie.

'Okay, yes I did catch the bouquet! But I'm definitely not the next to get married out of the group. I love Niall, but it's way too soon!'

'Yeah, I guess you're right. But where is he? Why didn't he come?'

'Well, it's on me really. I didn't ask him. It's just wedding dates are a quite serious step, and he hasn't even met the group yet and I just thought he'd be uncomfortable. Maybe he'll come to the next one!' She winked at me before she went back to the dancefloor.