2.5 - Spotlight - Late Night Talks

The rest of the night moved swiftly on until it was midnight and time to leave.

'Hey, that's not the way to the house!'

'I know I'm taking you somewhere special' Harry mumbled in a low deep voice hinting that he's tired.

'You sound tired we don't have to-'

'It'll be fine. I want to!'

Somehow we ended up on the top of the Hollywood sign. We laid down on the floor, my head resting on his chest, his hand holding my back. It was a clear warm night and the stars were shining brightly around the full moon. I took a deep breath, taking all the beauty of this moment in because in a second I knew it will fade away as I told Harry the truth.

'When you go back to London in two days...'He paused as I sat up next to him, then mirroring my movements he continued, 'you're leaving me behind, aren't you?'

I stared into his green eyes I grew fond of looking into, moonlight shining just enough to notice the tiny tear sliding down his left cheek. I used all my power to fight back my tears, I couldn't stand the sight of him hurting, especially since I'm the cause of it.

'Why?' At this moment I realised that I never thought of what I'm going to say to him, how to justify my actions.

'You were absolutely magnificent today. Talking to all those people, you can actually fit in this world, it doesn't seem to be that much of a strange land for you.'

I turned away and look at the ground next to me trying to find the words to explain why I'm being so selfish. He lifted my chin up, making me look at him.

'Talk to me! Please! I promise I'll be understanding. I know it's a challenge. One you don't really need, it's just going to make everything so complicated. But isn't it all worth it? If you just let me in!' he took my hand in his leaning in whispering 'I promise I'll make your life better. Please! Cassie, I want you in my life! I NEED you in my life. Please! Please give us a chance! I'm not giving up on you! I'll follow you to London... I'll keep trying until I convince you that I'm worth taking the risk.'

At this I just couldn't hold it in anymore, I started crying my eyes out. Reflexively, he pulled me into a hug, letting me cry into his chest as we went back to our initial position. His warm embrace calmed me down to the point of falling asleep, only to be woken up a little while later at the sound of an angelic voice. I looked up to see Harry singing one of his songs, I smiled and instinctively kissed him. I sat up and spoke for the first time in a while.

'I'm really sorry! Honestly, I wasn't expecting to meet you, let alone fall in love with you. I've never felt anything like that in a while. I've been hurt in the past and I build up walls around me to keep that from happening. But you... you make wanna break them all down, and it scares me. And as if that's not overwhelming enough, if I do let you in and we start dating, it's never going to be just the two of us, I'm gonna have to deal with your fans hating on me, the media making up lies, breaking us up, your management team telling you to break up with me and date someone famous and hot and skinny not like me.'

'I understand that those are difficult to deal with but I got through it, and you're a very strong woman, you can go through with it, and you won't be alone, I'll help you through it all.'

'I know. I'm sorry. I hate myself for doing this to you, I'm just a selfish b-'

'No! Don't you dare call yourself that! Look I understand, you're just not ready. And I'm fine. Sure I'd rather be with you and hold you as closely as possible for the longest time ever, but I understand where you're coming from.'

'Thank you! I really am sorry'

'I'll be waiting for you though. When you're ready to take the next step, I'll be here waiting for you. I promise you we'll be together again, but it's gonna have to be on your terms.'

'Don't make promises you can't keep, Styles.' I said smiling feeling hopeful that I'm not losing him after all.

'But those are the best kind! Still on for tomorrow? Homemade cooking by me?'

'Wouldn't miss it for the world!'