Chapter 24

Jordan

"Jordan, you're safe." I heard him murmur as he pulled me up into his chest.

I forced my eyes open, seeing only darkness in my blurry vision.

"H-he...Damion h-he..." I tried to say.

"Hey," Michael said softly, "Jordan look at me, you're safe here."

I nodded, wanting to believe his words as I buried my face in the fabric of his t-shirt. His arms wrapped around me again, helping to somehow stop me from shaking as much.

"I promise you're okay here." Michael said quietly, tightening his grip on me. "It was only a dream. He can't hurt you anymore."

"It was a dream that actually happened." I said, my voice still shaky as I met his gaze. "What if you didn't get there in time?"

"I did get there in time." Michael said.

"But what if you didn't?" I replied, feeling more tears form in my eyes.

Michael's gaze softened and he pressed my head back into his chest. His hand gently stroked my hair, helping me fall back into a restless sleep.

-

"Hey." Michael smiled as him and Calum returned to the hospital room.

I gave them both a weak smile in return.

"We ran into your doctor, she'll be here in a few minutes to change your bandage." Michael told me. I nodded.

"How are you doing?" He asked as he kissed my forehead.

"Just tired." I mumbled.

"The guys and I are leaving today so we won't be around to keep you up." Calum grinned.

"But I've barely seen you guys because I've been sleeping." I laughed.

"Where did the other two go by the way?" Michael asked.

"They went to work and they'll be back later to have dinner with you before we go to school tomorrow." Calum answered.

My smile fell at that but Doctor Jones entered before either one could say anything else about it. She said good morning to us before she started pulling things from the cart she wheeled into the room.

"I'll come back." Calum said.

Michael nodded at him before he came to sit on my right side, out of Doctor Jone's way. She pulled my shirt down just enough to reveal the bandage and started to remove it.

"How are you feeling today Jordan?" Doctor Jones asked as she worked.

"I'm okay." I told her.

I sucked in a breath at the sudden pressure on my shoulder. Michael had a look of concern on his face as he took my hand in his, brushing his thumb across my knuckles.

"Sorry Jordan, I know this hurts." Doctor Jones said. "I'm almost done."

Michael leant forward and wiped a stray tear off my cheek before brushing my hair back. I let out a shaky breath as she started to put everything away again.

"Do you know when I can go home?" I mumbled.

"At the end of the week." Doctor Jones answered. "We'll probably get you in a sling tomorrow sometime and once you're released from the hospital you'll have six weeks of physical therapy. They still need a police report from you as well but you don't need to worry about those things right now."

I only nodded, knowing that this was only the beginning of everything.

"I'll have someone bring in lunch for you." Doctor Jones smiled. "And I'll come around later tonight to check in."

As soon as she left the room, I brought my hands up to my face and let out a shaky breath. I felt Michael shift closer to me and take me into his arms.

"She said you don't need to worry about those things right now Jordan. You're still recovering and that's all anyone's worried about." Michael murmured in my ear.

"But it's going to happen at some point." I replied.

"And when it does, you won't be alone." Michael said to me. "You're never going to be alone through any of this."

Michael looked down at me and tilted my head up before he gently bent down and pressed his lips to mine. I placed my hand on his cheek and kissed him back, feeling all my worries slowly disappear.