Chapter 14

Jordan

I was exhausted but I knew there was no way I would be able to fall asleep. Part of me wanted to call Damion and see if he was alright but the other part of me wanted to call Michael and beg him to come back to my apartment.

Without thinking, I dropped my things by the front door and trudged into my room. I searched through my closet until I found the blue box which had been hidden in there for nearly 2 years. I carefully sat on the bed and took the lid off of the box. My chest tightened as all the memories came flooding back to me.

"Please Kyle." I begged, thrashing my legs as he undid his belt. "Don't do this."

"Shut up." He muttered. I felt his fist connect with my eye which only caused more tears to form.

I tried to get up and run but Kyle pushed me back on the bed. He climbed on top of me and pinned me down, kissing down my neck as I did my best to push him off of me.

"Help." I screamed as loud as I could. "Somebody help-"

"I said shut up!" Kyle growled as he covered my mouth. He slapped me across the face when I bit down on his hand.

"Help!" I screamed again.

Before I knew it Kyle was pulled off of me as someone else pulled me up and into the hallway.

"Jordan, Jordan look at me." I heard Michael say. I felt him wrap something around my shoulders before he wrapped his arms around me.

"H-he tried...he was g-going t-to....Michael h-he..."

"Shh shh Jordan. It's okay. I've got you, it's okay." Michael soothed.

"We need to go now." I heard Calum say urgently.

"I-I can't go back to o-our place." I stuttered, feeling my chest tighten just at the thought of seeing him.

"You can stay with me Jordan." Michael murmured. "It's okay, calm down." He told me softly.

I blinked back the tears in my eyes as I looked over at the flannel Michael had placed around me that night. My eyes drifted back to some of the pictures laying in the box. I stared at them for a while, trying to remember the story behind them but the only memory I had of Kyle was of that night.

My breath caught in my throat when I came across the very last picture in the box. It had been taken on Christmas. From the picture we all appeared to be happy, like a family, but it was so far from that.

"Everyone smile." My aunt said, holding up the camera.

We moved in a little closer to each other and smiled as the flash went off. My dad stumbled over to the camera once it did.

"Good enough." He muttered. "Looks like we're as good as ever." He laughed sarcastically.

"As long as it looks like that." I said under my breath.

"What did you just say?" My father asked.

"Nothing." I flinched when he grabbed the collar of my shirt. I could smell the alcohol on his breath.

"I've had enough of your comments. You should be grateful to have a roof over your head and a family that cares about you." He yelled in my face.

"Is this how you show your care?" I laughed sarcastically.

"Get out!" He dropped me to the ground as he stumbled off into the kitchen.