Chapter 19

Michael

"You know what would be cool?" I said as I fumbled around with my guitar. "If we had a band."

"That would be cool." Luke replied. "We could be a cover band."

"You think we could ever make money doing it?" Ashton wondered.

"There's tons of places always looking for bands to play." Calum said.

"Imagine if we made it big though." Luke smiled.

"That would be awesome." I commented.

"Hey, has anyone heard from Jordan?" Calum asked. "She should have been here by now."

"Yeah you're right. I'm going to try calling her." I replied.

I pulled my phone from my pocket and clicked call on Jordan's contact. She answered almost immediately, slurring my name as she greeted me.

"Jordan are you drunk?" I asked.

"Me? Drunk?" She scoffed. She then yelled, "Totally!", causing me to pull my phone away from my ear.

"I'm coming over okay?" I told her.

"Yeah a party!" She cheered.

"Right...I'll be there soon." I said before I hung up.

"She's drunk. Something must have happened because this isn't like her." I said to the guys.

"Do you think something happened with Damion?" Luke asked as I placed my guitar back in its case.

"It can't be. Jordan told me things were great between them." Calum responded.

"That doesn't mean it's true." Ashton said.

"Yeah, you're right. I'll go with you Michael."  Calum tossed me the keys to his car.

"We'll be back soon." I said to Luke and Ashton.

-

"Jordan!" I called, knocking on the door.

There was no indication that she was coming to open it so I reached up and grabbed the key above the door. The smell of alcohol hit us as we entered the apartment and I could see multiple empty beer bottles lying on the floor.

Jordan was passed out on the couch, her eyes rimmed red from how much she drank and the fact that she had been crying. More empty bottles were scattered around, showing how much she drank.

"Wow." Calum spoke first. "This is bad."

I let out a sigh as I nodded in agreement.

"I'm going to take Jordan to her room." I said. "I'll help with the bottles after."

Calum nodded as he went to find a garbage bag. I carefully placed my arm around Jordan's back and under her legs before lifting her up. She stirred slightly before letting her head rest against my chest. I pulled the covers back as best I could before placing her down.

"Why are you doing this to yourself?" I murmured, brushing my thumb across her cheek. I sighed and tucked the covers around her before kissing her forehead.

"I got most of the bottles." Calum said. "How is she?"

"I'm going to come back over in the morning and make sure she's okay." I replied. "We can pick up some pizza on the way back."

Calum nodded and grabbed his coat before stepping out into the hallway. I made sure to lock the door and return the key to its spot before we left.