Chapter 1

Michael

"All time low is going on tour." Calum said, dropping his phone between Jordan and I as he sat down.

"They did just release an album." Luke stated. Jordan started scrolling through the dates as Luke sat next to Calum.

"They released an album?" Ashton exclaimed, earning a few looks from the students around us.

"They're playing in Sydney!" Jordan said excitedly.

"When?" I questioned, turning my attention to her as Ashton and Luke started bickering.

"Several months from now." She replied, bringing her hazel eyes to meet mine.

"We should all get tickets." Luke said. Jordan nodded in agreement before stealing a fry off my tray.

"You're lucky I like you." I told her.

"I know." She smiled, making my heart skip a beat.

"Who's that?" Calum asked. All our heads turned towards the entrance to the lunchroom as a tall, tattoo covered boy entered. His eyes scanned across the room before he met up with a group of boys sitting in the corner.

"He must be new." Jordan shrugged, going back to stealing fries from me.

"He is, he just met those guys third period. His name is Damion Johnson, comes from somewhere on the West coast. I heard he was suspended from his last school." Luke said.

"I heard he's done jail time." Ashton added.

"You guys are so judgmental." Jordan laughed. "You don't even know the guy."

"That's just the word on the street." Luke shrugged causing Jordan to raise her eyebrows.

"He's staring at you." Calum said. I looked to where he had sat down and saw that his eyes were trained on Jordan. The look in his eyes made my blood broil and I struggled to remain calm. Jordan wasn't mine, I had no right to get jealous.

"You okay mate?" Jordan asked. I nodded and smiled even though the word mate felt like a stab in the chest. "My next class is history and I need to get some books from my locker. I'll see you losers later."

"Love you too Jordan." Calum said sarcastically.

"Right back at ya." She winked before she left the lunchroom.

"Why the hell is he staring at her like that?" I asked, trying to hide the anger in my voice.

"Mike, you can't be jealous. She's not yours to be jealous over." Ashton told me calmly.

"You think I don't know that already?" I sighed.

"You know Mike," Calum said, "You only need to say a few simple words to get her to be yours. It's obvious she likes you."

Before I could object, Luke cut in saying, "She wasn't stealing food from anyone other than you."

"You don't call someone mate if you like them." Was all I said before I stood up and slung my backpack over my shoulder. I threw my trash out before I left the lunchroom.

The bell was going to ring in a few minutes so I arrived at my next class early. It was my only class without Jordan and for once I was happy about that. Thoughts of her filled my head and I pulled my headphones out, hoping to distract myself until class started.