Chapter 9

Michael

"Come on." I muttered, tugging on the car handle. I cursed under my breath as I looked at my English book that was laying in the passengers seat. "Open already." I groaned, giving it one last attempt.

I slammed my fist against the window before trudging through the rain into school. I dropped my backpack to the ground and put my combination into my locker.

"What the fuck!" I groaned, putting the combination in again. When it didn't open I slammed my fist against it causing it to swing open into the locker next to it.

"Whoa Michael, you okay?" Ashton asked as him and Calum approached me.

"I have no patience today and everything seems to be going wrong." I muttered as I exchanged some books. "I'm somehow locked out of my car and of course I left my English book in there."

"You can borrow mine." Ashton replied. "I'll give it to you during lunch."

"Thanks." I said quietly. I sighed as the bell rang and waved bye to the guys before heading to class.

-

"I swear if one more thing goes wrong today I'm going to lose my shit." I said to the guys as I sat down at the lunch table.

I saw the guys exchange a glance but I brushed it off and pulled out my English notes. Just as I looked up I saw Jordan and Damion walking over to us, hand in hand.

"Hey guys." Jordan smiled. "This is Damion..." she paused, "My boyfriend."

"I'm Ashton." He said first and the others quickly introduced themselves. I broke my harsh gaze away when Calum elbowed my side.

"I'm Michael." I forced a smile as they sat down across from me.

"Nice to meet you guys." Damion said.

"Well I'm sorry to rush out but I have an English test last period and I need a quieter place to study." I said. I saw the hurt that flashed through Jordan's eyes but I pushed it aside and grabbed my things before rushing out of there.

"Michael." Ashton said. He stopped in front of the table I had chosen to sit at but I refused to lift my head.

"I don't want a lecture." I muttered.

"I'm not here to do that." He replied. "I came to give you the book."

I mumbled a small 'thanks' as he set it down in front of me. Ashton hesitated for a moment before taking a seat across from me.

"Are you okay?"

I shrugged my shoulders and glanced around the library before meeting Ashton's concerned gaze.

"It is what it is." I said simply.

"Michael-"

"I really have to study for this test Ashton and talking about the girl I love dating someone else isn't helping in any way." I cut him off.

"Okay, I just want you to know I'm here if you want to talk." Ashton said before he stood up.

I gave him a weak smile before I turned my attention to my phone as it beeped. I took a deep breath before reading the text from Jordan.

Jordan:
Are you okay? Need help studying?

Michael:
I'm fine, see you in class

I sent the text before shutting my phone off and resting my head on my book.