Prologue 5: The Forbidden Ritual

"My demons, though quiet, are never quite silenced. Calm as they may be, they wait patiently for a reason to wake, take an overdue breath, and crawl back to my ear."

"We all struggle to make sense of our own minds... We all battle with demons that nobody else can see." - Ranata Suzuki

***

A great fire occurred. Thick smoke appears from inside the forest together with the strong wind made the smoke from the burning fire cover the trees. However, none of the villagers were left. They stood and gathered in front of their homes, staring at the thick smoke. Some of them looked scared but some of them smiled and sighed in relief.

"My lord," a man who stands next to the Village Head looked anxiously, "I still feel scared. What if the whole village is cursed for our actions?"

The Village Head shook his head, "We created it, we also destroy it," the Village Head gaze couldn't hide his anxiety, "Humans are much stronger." he tried to convince himself.

This land is mine. This prosperity, everything needs sacrifice. Sacrifice. What's wrong with that? They are just scared. Afraid of our strength. Even the Shogun fears the power of our clan.

But now. I have no choice. I can't fight the whole country.

Suddenly the thunder of lightning sounded as if it were splitting the sky.

In a flash, the lightning grabbed the village. Heavy rain and strong winds destroyed everything. The villagers scattered out of the house trying to save themselves with their families. Small children separated from their families cry in the midst of a crowd of people running around.

"It's a curse !!" the man shouted as he ran trying to save himself, "We're cursed!"

The villagers tried to get out of the village when suddenly the flood hit the village from all direction. Wipe out all of them.

"This is a curse!" he was carried by the flow of water, "Only death will be upheld, when the soul has become part of the devil. He who surrenders his soul to the devil will become a devil when he dies,"

***