Chapter 1.1

Welcome to Shibasaki Detective Agency.
My name is Yui Morimachi, one of the investigators in Shibasaki Detective Agency.

Before coming to Tokyo and working in Shibasaki-sensei's detective agency, I lived in a small village in Hokkaido. My unexpected encounter with Shibasaki-sensei took me to this work, using my left hand which I considered to be misfortune. But, Shibasaki-sensei assured me, that I could use my left hand to help people in an unusual way. That's when I knew, there was another world out there.

***

Marunouchi,
Tokyo

"My name is Yui Morimachi and I will be your investigator," I smiled confidently, "Could you please tell me about what happened at your house?"

Takano Seiji-san, a 46 years old researcher at an IT company, accompanied by his son Takano Ryu-san, a 3rd-year junior high school student comes to the Shibasaki detective office. They told us something strange happened to their family since they moved.

I didn't want them to feel uncomfortable about telling us about their problems. Any supernatural thing, like a ghost, isn't something that can be said out loud normally.

The Shibasaki Detective Agency only accepts cases related to paranormal events, even if this office isn't associated with any paranormal organizations.

"Takano-san, I understand if you find it hard to say what happened. Maybe, it's because you yourself find it hard to believe it," I smiled, "But here, we will listen without laughing, however weird it is. Even if you say a UFO fell into your yard and a half-human alien creature came from the spacecraft."

Takano-san and Ryu-san looked at me with weird expressions. It's not clear whether they think I'm crazy, but they chuckled.

Takano-san took a deep breath, " Actually, we moved in six months ago, we lived in an apartment complex before. However, my daughter is five years old now, and my son is going to high school next year. Therefore, my wife suggested we buy a new house. We actually planned to buy a house a long time ago, then six months ago, we found a suitable home," Takano-san explained with an awkward expression as his hands tightened.

"For any chance, did you buy the house from a real estate agent?" I asked him while holding my notebook.

"No. I bought it from an old friend and coworker, Morishita-san. His parents passed away last year, and he wished to sell the house. It was built 50 years ago, but his parents had time to renovate it before they passed. So, it was in good condition, and we love Japanese style houses," Takano-san smiled, "So, we decided to buy it,"

"So, what's the problem with the house?" I asked again while taking notes.

"Well...you see, we really never noticed anything out of the ordinary before. My children like the house because it's really spacious. It has a large, beautiful backyard. There are two bedrooms on the first floor, two bedrooms on the second floor with a veranda, two bathrooms, a kitchen, a dining room, a living room, and storehouses. We really love the house," Takano-san explained with a slight smile on his face. From his expression I can see how happy he was when he bought the house of his dreams.

"But, recently we felt like something strange is happening in that house." Ryu-san said looking rather calm, compared to his father. He then looked at me seriously and said, "First, when we entered the house, we smelled something like blood, my sister was the first to notice,"