Chapter 5.7

Motoyama-chō,
Kōchi

The next day the priest performed a purification at the Matsumoto family's temple. The Matsumoto family held a full purification ceremony with the villagers to drive away all the bad things around them.

Kazuya was aware, but still lying weakly in the hospital. The doctor said he would recover in a few days. There were no deep cuts or bruises on his body.

We then said goodbye to the Matsumoto family. They repeatedly say thank you. The curse that happened for hundreds of years finally ended. Even though it has taken many victims.

The condition of Shosuke-san's father, Hideo-san also began to improve. He plans to give the position of head of the family to Shosuke-san in the near future if conditions improve. There were no worries for him anymore.

The car runs down the hills. Getting away from the village, the village has kept a curse for hundreds of years. I wondered what the fate of the village would be.

"Sensei, are you okay?" Yui asked, since yesterday's incident she kept paying attention on me. Yui, Sakuya, Rui, and I were in one car. Sakuya is the one who's driving.

"Don't worry. I only use a lot of spiritual energy. Because of that, I'm exhausted," I smiled, trying to make her do worried anymore.

"I'm just worried about your condition, Sensei. You haven't eaten anything since yesterday," Yui said.

"It's okay," I smiled again.

Yui took a deep breath, "By the way, I didn't get a night vision when I slept last night. Normally, I would get a post-cognition vision. It's strange. Is my energy not enough?" Yui looked confused, "Somehow I feel something is blocking me from getting a vision," Yui said again.

"Ehh? Can it be like that?" Rui asked.

"Oh no. I never experienced it. It's just my feeling," Yui sighed, "Maybe I lost my Psychic ability?"

"It's not like that. Just like a medium, you also have a bad day where you can't get a vision," I said. My heart beats fast. I feel guilty for Yui.

But, I can't give Yui a vision. I don't want to make her even more worried.

"Hah!!" Rui sighed, "I want to go back home soon, soak in hot water, then enjoy wine while looking at the city lights from my place,"

"Don't you have to go back to work, Rui?" Yui asked while chuckling.

"Oh, I told my manager. I will take a break for the whole time," Rui said, "What will you do Yui?"

"I promised to help Komura-Ojiisan to clean the warehouse," Yui said.

"Oh, the owner of the antique shop in front of the office? Why do you always help the old man? Don't you fear touching antiques? They keep a lot of mysteries, don't you think?" Rui said.

"I can say the pay is good," Yui laughed, "But, I'm always interested in antiques. They look very beautiful. After all, I use gloves, so it doesn't matter,"

"Antiques, huh?" I mumbled.

I was wondering ... whether a doll that is more than 100 years old, can be an antique.

The Forbidden Ritual
The end