Chapter 4.2

Hikone-shi,
Shiga

"I saw the ghost of a woman when we entered the house, wasn't that Yui?" I said.

"A woman?" Naomasa looked at me dan Yui, as did the others. Yui only nodded.

"Yes, " I said, "I saw a woman standing in front of one of the statues when we entered this house,"

"I see," Ayako murmured, "When I first entered the house, I felt something was wrong. I smelled blood,"

"The smell of blood?" Naomasa folded his hands, "Like when we handle the case of the Takano family, right? There is a smell of blood when they enter the house,"

"Does that mean, there's a massacre here?" Rui asked, "But, Nakagawa-san said nothing,"

"Please be aware, everyone," Naomasa looks worried too, "All right. Let's get to work," he took the paper on the table and began to give the assignment, "We don't have a blueprint for this house, so we have to make one. Sakuya and Rui check the rooms on the 1-3 floor. Then, Kiyoharu and Yui checked floors 4-7, " he explained.

Ayako suddenly chuckled. We then looked at her confusedly. Ayako was seen staring at Naomasa who was glaring at her. What are they doing?

Naomasa sighed, "Make sure to measure all the rooms and put the camera in a room with a low temperature. All the corridors must set on cameras. Also rooms with fireplaces and the music rooms," he explained.

"Understand, " we nodded and answered right away.

"I will look for information about this house from outside with Ayako, " he said, "Don't forget to use communication devices. Remember. We have to go back to the base before it's dark. We still don't know what is wrong with this house," Naomasa-san looked at us seriously.

We all then started working.
Even though it's still daytime, this house still looks dark. Only small lights that illuminate each corridor.

Yui and I climbed the stairs to the 4th floor. When we reached the end of the stairs, we saw a long corridor on the 4th floor. A small living room and fireplace were there. Right next to the fireplace there is a stair leading to the next floor.

I started to set up the camera. The camera was directed towards a living room and a long corridor.

"Kiyoharu-kun, why do you think paranormal cases are always related to haunted houses?" Yui put the infrared thermometer on a small table near the fireplace to measure the temperature of the room, "You see, I mean, why do they always haunt the house? There are those in school or hospitals, but houses are always the most popular,"

I thought it for a moment, "Hmm...the ghost that haunting the house usually a wandering spirit," I still focused to set the camera, "Such spirits, usually are spirits who don't realize that they have died," I said.

Yui took the thermometer back, then note the temperature, "Wandering spirit?" Yui asked.

I nodded, "For wandering spirits, since they don't know they died, commuting from home to school or vice versa is they routines every day when they still alive," I said, "The spirits that didn't realize that they had died, would usually return home. In some cases, the house might not belong to them anymore, because of that they began to haunt the people who lived there,"

"Ah, to drive them out," Yui said looked at me, "But why?"

"Not like that, sometimes it's just a prank, like a poltergeist, " I smiled, "But, spirits are very easy in absorbing spiritual energy. Maybe they start to see the bad things done by peoples who live in the house, such bitter feeling and the regret from the past life to make them put a curse on the people's around them, " I explained.