The Untold Story (Page 21)

Joe's POV

While walking slowly through the shallows of the battle that was just at hand I felt my gut twist. I knew this was gonna be bad, only if I would have known at the time how bad it would have been. We got to the warehouse doors and gathered up high yet loose from the walls.

"Mav, plant it. Krofton Cover him." I said as I pulled the sawed-off up and watched Mav plant the small bit of explosive upon the locked door.

"Blowing, three...two...one...cover!" Mav yelled as the door blew open. I rushed in, being followed by Logan as I felt the shotgun kick as I blew a guy away. His body flew over a railing as I kept moving. I heard gunfire from behind me. Bullets pushing through Logans rifle as he wasted two guys coming through an office door. Dennis & Jacob pushed behind us before splitting off. Going down the steps that lead off. Maverick moved in with Krofton, backing us up. David pulled through to keep an eye on the exit for us. I pumped the shell out, forcing in a fresh once. I kicked the office door in, checking my corners fast before rushing down the spiral steps, everyone kept on me. Getting down there was a bigger step than I figured it'd be. Gun shots rang out of absolute darkness. I jumped down to take cover as Logan was hit by a stray bullet. Puncturing his shoulder, he fell like a sack of potatoes. All I heard was screams.

"Logan! You okay brother!?!" Maverick yelled.

"Prez! Watch out!" Logan yelled as he pulled up his M4 and took out the guy running around the corner.

"Thanks brother!" I yelled as I pulled the MP5 slung around me into a firing position. "Take Logan up! Krofton cover Mav!" I screamed as I began opening fire. Krofton shortly joined me with the cover fire. Maverick began dragging Logan back to the stairway. I saw more gunfire coming but it wasn't towards us. It was from someone else.

"COME GET SOME BITCHES!!" yelled Dennis as flashes came from behind the people shooting at us. I started moving forward as well as Krofton. Quickly pushing forward as bullets pushed out of our weapons. I got down as I popped in a fresh clip. "Krofton, pull back and check on Logan!" I yelled as I got back and laid down fire before the lights came on. I panicked but then noticed it was just Coffins alive in the lower part of the warehouse.

"Prez you whole!?!" yelled out Jacob

"Yeah I'm whole, Logan got hit. Let's get going, start planting the shit." I said as I made my way back to where Maverick was. When I got there my gut dropped hard, Logan was bleeding out and I guess the damage was more serious than I saw. He got hit in the lower spine, forcing him to be paralyzed. I got down on my knees beside him and grabbed his hand.

"Fuck brother, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, please. Fuck...." I said to him as I closed my eyes.

"It's...okay..brother, I'll....be fine. I just...can't feel...my feet." Logan spoke out. My chest pulled hard as his words pierced my ears. I let his hand go slowly before getting on my feet. "Krofton, get him out of here. Take David with you. The rest, we're gonna get to that ship." I said as I began walking up the steps. Before getting to the top I looked down at Logan. 'Lord, watch over him, even though he has been washed with sin. Take him in your arms and help wash away those sins.' I prayed in my head as I began walking up the rest. Tailing behind me was Maverick, Dennis & Jacob. We got to the exit, meeting David.

"Y'all good brother?" David asked

"Head down those steps, help Krofton with Logan. Call Zack, get the van." is all I said to him as I went through the door.

"Logan was shot brother, take care of him." Maverick said before leaving. Dennis and Jacob had no words as they continued to walk. As I went outside I made a v-line straight for the Cargo Ship, loading my shotgun as I did so. It was time to end this. It was time to end it completely.