The Untold Story (Page 13)

Joe's POV

We got back the old dirt road to arrive to a nice set up. The girls had everything already laid out plus sandwiches already made. I pulled into our pull off spot as the bikes pulled in on the driver side so they'd be hidden from the roadway. I got out as Casey put his kickstand down. I headed towards the two, who had their heads hung low. It caused me to break a warm smile which surprised the two as they looked at me with a worried look.

"You two needa relax okay. Yeah I let y'all have it back there but its a lesson learned incase I have you tail anyone, alright?" I explained to them before getting soft smiles returned to me.

"Okay yeah, understood Prez." David said.

Casey sighed before nodding his head.

"Now you two go get some sandwiches and heres some beer. Go up to the top of the ridge and just watch if you guys are here on security detail." I told them as I handed Casey the twelve pack. "Go." I ordered them as they hurried down to the two women. I looked at Tyler who just shrugged his arms before chuckling.

"I think they could use this." He said holding up his magazine.

"Yeah they could, now lets get some fishin' in." I said as he followed me down before stopping to give the two the reading material. I grabbed a rod as Dally got up to grab his little one. "You ready Dallas?" I asked as he nodded his head then followed me down further to the water. Sammi looked down at us before yelling "Hey, Dally listen to Joseph!"

Dally looked back at his mom before looking up at me.

"Hey you heard her, so don't look at me." I told him as he nodded his head before sitting down in a big rock. I pulled a box of worms out from the bag. "You remember how to put these on?" I asked before he nodded his head. "Yes Uncle Joe, I remember because you taught me." He said without hesitation.

This caused me to chuckle softly before pulling a worm out to give him. He took the bait and hooked it himself.

"You're becoming a quick man, aren't ya." I told him as he smiled at me. Tyler soon walked down with his rod and a case of beer. "Okay buddy go ahead and toss your line out." I told him as he stood up and pressed down on the button before whipping it out to the water. His bobber flying through the air before splashing in the water. "Good job." I said as my jaw was dropped a bit.

"Thanks Uncle Joe, now do yours." He told me in his sweet soft voice.

I nodded my head before standing up and popping my bar up on the opened face and throwing as hard as I can as my sinker made big splash past his line. "I still got you beat, little one." I told him as he only huffed before smiling.

"Nice one, now stand back so I can show you how it's really done." Tyler said while baiting his hook then closing the box up. I popped a can from the plastic and cracked it open as he walked past me. He pressed down on his button then tossed before making a light splash about five feet in front of him. This caused me to laugh and so did Dallas as he cussed for a minute. Oh this if gonna be a great day.

Time Skip

Joe's POV

Soon the clouds moved in blocking the sun away. So far Dallas was beating us in fish catched today. He was somewhere in the forties while I was stuck in twenties and Tyler, well he had us both beat in catching trees and limbs. I was taking one last drag from my cigarette as Tyler polished off the rest of my beer. "I think it's about time we get going. I personally don't care for staying here when the rain starts coming down." I said aloud

Tyler nodded his head and sniffled a little. "Yeah too right, imma help the girls pack real quick. You two keep on fishing." He told us as he reeled in his line.

"Not like you were doing much fishin' anyways." I said with a chuckle as little Dally started laughing.

"Hey Dally watch your line buddy, it's bouncing up and down." I told him as I pulled out another cigarette from my third pack within three or four hours. 'God damn I have a nasty addiction.' I thought to myself as I lit the cancer-stick and Dallas starting pulling in another fish.

Once Dally pulled in the biggest cat-fish yet I unhooked it for him and smiled. I got a photo of him trying to hold it up before we let it go back in the water. I placed a hand on Dally's back as we stood close to the water. "Uncle Joey? Did you and my dad used to fish together?" He asked me as I heard his soft voice ask I choked up hard. I froze for a moment before finally swallowing the huge lump in my throat. "Yeah buddy. . . we used to go everytime we got a chance. He was a great guy." I told him as he nodded his little head. I bit at my bottom lip before hearing him sniffle a bit. "Hey bud, help me pack-up okay?" I asked with a soft smile as he wiped his cheeks and gave me the same smile as always. After that he helped me pack the truck with the rods and tackle boxes. We then cleaned up any beer cans, cigarette boxes or trash laying around. By the time we got done I hugged him tightly then slipped him ten dollars. I finally got him into the truck with Sammi & Tyler. We talked for a few moments before I got back to my truck and fired it up. The brothers came down to get onto their Harleys' as I stepped inside my Chevy. I sat down before my green orbs locked onto Fox's long legs before she playfully slapped my face. I chuckled a bit before we started driving as 'Don't Worry' came on the radio.