Last meal

"SHANKS!!!BUGGY!!! What are you two doing!" Yelled Roger blowing a fuse.

"Gahh!! Captain!!" Screamed Buggy.

"Just a little drink, Captain. No biggy. Nghahahahah" retorted Shanks clearly drunk.

"So I guess you two won't be drinking tomorrow then huh?" Said the irked Captain.

"Waahhh!!" Yelled Buggy, " we just took a little sip! Come on captain!"

"Then get your asses together, we need the sake for tomorrow. Now hurry up and get the barrels out."

"Sure thing Captain." Said the smiling drunk kid.

"Rayleigh!! Where are you?!" Yelled Roger turning his attention elsewhere. "Gahh this is such a mess" muttered Roger under his breath as he stormed out of the storage room.

"Gahahahaha, the Captain sure is stressed." Said Shanks laughing off Roger's anger.

"Him, what about me?! I'm stressed. Stress to the point of death ever since you made me eat the devil fruit."

"Shut up Buggy. Just take another swig of the booze."

The day of the meeting was coming up and the whole crew was busy cleaning up Oro Jackson to the best of their ability. Why, because everyone knew there was always going to be best ship competition and Garp would always lose because he brings an ugly standard navy ship, and the Moby Dick would always win because they had a cleaner deck. Preparing the booze and meat for the meeting was always a fun job; sneaking in a bit or drink here and there was the game to play as long as you don't get caught. Crocus on the other hand was not as busy, but he was stacking up on medical supplies ready for whatever calamity will befall them in this so called friendly get together. The boy was doing fine although he stopped talking which sounds about normal. A perfect day for Roger to just be relaxing but something kept tugging at the back of his mind.

"Heard you've been looking for me Roger, something wrong?"Asked Rayleigh walking up to the captain.

"Yeah, can we contact Whitebeard on a  den den mushi, gotta make sure he brings his share of the booze." Said Roger.

"I take it that's not the only reason you want to call him."

"Yeah, he better bring his share of the food to."

"Seriously Roger," said Rayleigh throwing Roger a glare "you know what I'm talking about"

"No idea whatsoever" said Roger denying everything that was coming out of his first mate's mouth.

"Well I'll call Whitebeard. You want me tell to them about the kid?"

"No, we'll make it a surprise." Said Roger "if anything call Garp, tell him to bring his own booze and check for a bounty on the kid."

"Ever so in denial Roger," said Rayleigh as he went to do his job.

When the night set upon them the ship sailed peacefully into unknown waters. Under the deck of the Oro Jackson laid Ace.

'Garp. Whitebeard.' All alone in the cell Ace's mind drifted from place to place. 'Luffy, Marco.' His family, would he ever see them again.

"Wake up brat!" Yelled  Crocus.

It had only been a second since Ace closed his eyes but they had to wake him up again so soon.
"What the fuck do you want now?" Muttered Ace.

"It seems that you're worthless, not even a single berry on your head."said Crocus, "Captain decided to give you a last meal before you walk the plank. Gagaha"

Opening the door to the cell Crocus pulled Ace out of the cell with little resistance. The hard part now was dragging the boy up the stairs since it was clear that he wasn't going to walk.

The light blinded his eyes, noise bleed into his ears and his nose was overwhelmed by the smell of food and booze. The deep blue ocean, the open sky, the ship of pirates, Ace snapped back to life.

"A last meal, how kind of your damn Captain." Said Ace. Then a familiar voice called him.

"Yo, Ace right? Come over hear!" Yelled Shanks, with a group of pirates.

Crocus unlocked the sea stone shackles on Ace and pushed him towards Shanks.

"Enjoy it while you can," said Crocus before leaving to get his own drinks.

"Gahahah, you smell like shit" exclaimed Shanks.

"Well if you cleaned up you brig a little better maybe I wouldn't be smelling like shit." Retorted Ace.

Ace forgot everything else and was just himself, interacting with all the pirates and marines alike. He forgot about his pain, his family just remembering just to eat and drink. He laughed like he would on any other day which Shanks found weird but still went along with. The three magnificent ships anchored at a small island in the middle of nowhere and the crew both pirate and marine were just partying, laughing, drinking, arguing, eating and sleeping like there was no tomorrow. The three old guys drank sake peacefully away from all the noise under the blossoms of a sakura tree. Garp brought some rice crackers, Roger brought the sake and Whitebeard had the cups.

"I heard you had something interesting on board Roger" questioned the man with the magnificent mustache.

"Oh is it about the name you had me look up!" Said Garp.

"Yeah, umm we found some kid floating around with a Whitebeard mark on him, so we fished him up, nursed him back to health but you know what that damn bastard does for a thank you?!"

"Try to kill you," chuckled Garp, " not surprising though."

"What's his name?" Question Whitebeard in a monotone voice not wanting to show any signs of weakness. But the truth under the mask was that he cared for everyone of his crew members dearly

"They all try, but this bastard said he was your second commander."

"Portgas D. Ace. If I recall" said Garp interrupting again, "not even a single record on him."

"Strange name," Muttered Whitebeard. "So what did you do with this imposter?" Asked Whitebeard, with his worries gone. The bold face lie of being the second commander of the Whitebeard was foolish.

"Nothing yet, giving him a last meal before he walks the plank."said Roger drinking from his cup slowly.

"Mind if I talk to him first." Asked Whitebeard.

"What for!" Whether it was the sake or his own anger he felt the heat rising to his face "just another damn imposter!"

"If its just an imposter let me talk to him." Said Whitebeard keeping his calm

"Sorry boys can't be letting you do that, killing an innocent." Said Garp pipping in.

"Gah!! Fine talk to him for all I care, you too Garp, best get rid of a conman now before he creeps into the military, I mean he made this far into the grand line. What else could he do." Exclaimed Roger.