Devil Fruit

Opening his eyes Ace saw a blurry image of a hand reach towards him. His heart started racing were they going to attack him. Kill him. All of this was highly improbable but his high fever made him paranoid. Panicking Ace turned his body to fire as the hand touched his forehead. The hand quickly retreated.

SPLOOSH

"Gahhh!!" He yelled as cold water fell onto him.

Ace sat up quickly and moved the the corner of the bed with the walls behind him. The quick movements made the blood rush down from his head and he turned pale. His stomach dropped and he threw up. Puking up only disgusting discolored liquids a wave of nausea rushed over him.

"Hot damn, Doc his body turned into fire! You saw it right" said the excited Shanks.

" Sure did. Devil fruit I presume. Now get back to work. You've already wasted the water on the poor man."Crocus said to Shanks. He then turned back to Ace and said calmly, "don't worry I'm not here to hurt you. I was only trying to check your fever. My name's Crocus. Let's move you to another bed one not so burnt and puked on."

Ace looked around, the bed sheets were burnt and what looked like a rope around his ankle was also burnt off. He was wrapped in bandages like a zombie.

He suddenly noticed the young red haired man, "Red Haired Shanks?"

"Uh yeah. My name is Shanks and my hair is red. But how do you know my name?"

"What? What's Going on ?" Shanks said to himself quietly.

"You probably heard us talking when you were still recovering. Nothing to be weary about." Said Crocus, "And Shanks start moving. Set up another bed and get more water"

"Fine. Just stop nagging." replies Shanks.

"Come on now you think you can stand?" Crocus questioned Ace.

Ace slowly stood up. He was still in the same room as last time. Who was it that carried him last time? The doc maybe or it was the kid. The kid. He was Shanks. Red Haired Shanks one of the greatest pirates in the seas. It couldn't be so who was this kid?

"Good. How bout we get you into a bath? You smell worse than garbage kid." Said Crocus, " by the way what's your name"

" I c-can't get in a bath. I'll drown. And I...I don't mind th-the smell." Said Ace shakily. He was shivering not because he was cold. He wasn't so sure he was hot either. Something was wrong with his body. His flames felt weaker more out of control.

"You won't drown. It's a shallow tub. And the water is medicinal so it'll help you." Said crocus patiently. He had to be careful he didn't know what this kid has been through. "I suggest you should do if want to stay on this ship."

Crocus slowly undid the bandages while Shanks set up the tub. The two help clean Ace up without causing him to panic. After the bath he went back to sleep.

"Shanks you told the captain when the kid woke up right?"

"Nope. I'm pretty sure he asked you to tell him."

"Well yes but you are my assist and I order you to do it and while you're there ask the captain for some sea stone. So stop stalling and go."

" yeah but Buggy's your assistant to. Why isn't he doing anything!"

"Gah. You know full well why he isn't here. Just do your job already."said Crocus angrily.

"Fine but what do you want me to tell the Captain his name is? Ace or Asce? We never got his name. I'm just guessing from his tattoo." Quipped Shanks as he quickly ran out the door.