Throw Him In The Brig

"Throw him in the brig." Said Roger after blowing off some steam by beating the kid half to death. "And get someone to fix my door to!"

"Still keeping him alive?" Retorted Rayleigh.

"Yeah for now. I'll see if we can get a bounty off of him with Garp. Wasted to much supplies and money on him." Replied Garp tiredly.

This was of course a lie to Rayleigh but also himself. Trying to make himself believe that the kid was just a conman. Just a conman and nothing more. But the last words he spit out right before he fell unconscious stuck with Roger. The saying goes blood runs thicker than water. His words imply that he has a family he values greatly but they aren't blood.

Roger has a family. A family he has always had on the Oro Jackson but when he was in the east blue he was able to have more. Somebody to love and somebody to carry on his blood line. Perhaps a daughter named Gol D. Anna or a son Gol D. Ace. Roger did think of the possibility that the kid might be his son for a split second. But he was in his twenties and his future child shouldn't even be born yet.

Portgas D. Ace could be the name of his child and this man dared to sully the name. Sully the name of the woman he loved. Sully the name of the Whitebeard Pirates and sully his name the name of Gol D. Roger. Gol D. Roger the pirate king, the man that rules the seas.

"Oh, and Rayleigh I don't want to be bothered for a while." Said Roger as he retreated into his room to bring himself together.

"Sure thing Captain" said Rayleigh taking another swig of the booze he always kept in hand. "What a mess..."

"Yo. Rayleigh hows the Captain doing?" Asked Shanks running up after the Captain was gone. "Why'd be Captain get so mad anyway? He's just another fake. Probably didn't bet enough money ? Huh?"Shanks special skill was speed talking , which everyone hated and the ability to get into trouble. They tend to go hand in hand with the young red head.

"Why're you askin me? Best just to talk to the man himself. Hahaha." Replied Rayleigh laughing it off.

"Dammit Rayleigh, you know he's gonna skin me alive if I ask. Common just a little gossip." Pleaded Shanks

"Gossip huh, let me think," said Rayleigh sarcastically " oh yeah I'm pretty sure there's a red haired lad on this ship whose still suppose to be working for the doc but isn't and I think the Captain will skin this red head alive if he finds out."

"Fuck you Rayleigh." Said Shanks playfully as he ran off to find Crocus.

Standing alone with only his rum to keep him company now, Rayleigh chuckled to himself quietly, "What a world, What a world, what a world we live."

——————————-
'Nobody should know that name except me and Rayleigh and Crocus.' Thinking to himself quietly Roger's mind began to wander to so many possibilities even one where the kid is actually his son but if that was true he just beat the shit out of his son. 'Gah, everything so messed up.'

Thinking was never his best skill, taking action and following his heart was and it always got him what he wanted. Right now his heart told him that Portgas D. Ace is a risk. A risk to him and to his family. Two choices came to mind: one to keep the kid alive and give him a second chance, two kill him, and maybe three keep him half dead till the meet up and can verify that he's actually a conman then kill him. Three was a stupid choice, a choice for cowards Roger thought to himself but he had a tingling feeling in his gut three was going to be the jackpot.

—————
"Waking up in a damp and dirty cell, fitting for a bastard like you." Said Shanks as he notices Ace stirring.

"Then what are you doing here so close to a damp and dirty cell with a bastard in it?" Replied Ace.

He was burning everywhere with pain. Tasting blood in his mouth and the pungent odor of urine stinging his nose he remembered back to when he was imprisoned in impel down.

"Well my job, actually its Crocus's job but I'm his assistant for a while and he didn't want to do this so guess who had the job of keeping the prisoner alive till we decide whether to kill you or not to kill you."

"Just kill me now Shanks, its better for the both of us that way."

"Ewwwwww" said Shanks squirming around like a worm , "please don't say my name like you know me."

A smile presented itself onto Ace's face "Still got that sense of humor in you huh....And the hat."

"Gaargh"

Throwing up blood, Ace felt his ribs resisting against the harsh movements.

"Ahh, come on please don't die on me. Just for a few more days. And stop talking like you know me it's way to creepy."

Cackling in pain, Ace smiles and says, "I do know you... I know you as the one who saved my little brother. You're one of the strongest pirates in the world,... kugh.... you're still just a kid."

"Okay, you are officially crazy but I don't mind the compliment. And ah just so you know we're gonna be meetin up with Whitebeard in about two days. See what ol Newgate thinks of you."

"Oyaji." Another string of tears came running out of his eyes, will the Whitebeard of this world or time still accept him. Just as he was thinking about that he suddenly remembers a question he's been waiting to ask for a wile now. "What year is it?"

Just as Shanks was about to reply Ace passed out again.

"Is he crazy or am I too drunk?" Said Shanks to himself. 'I don't even think I drank that much? Did I? Gah whatever gotta go get Crocus before he dies'

———-

"Yo doc the bastard spit some blood and looks a little dead you gonna go check up on him."

"You've been drinking again Shanks."

"Why wouldn't I! Nobody could be in the brig for so long without actually taking a swig of rum." Said Shanks.

"I'll go in a sec. and while I'm there can you go take inventory of our supplies. Every time we meet up with Whitebeard it's like everyone purposely wants to get hurt." Said Crocus as he stood up and sighed.

"He was actually saying some weird thing too, talking like he actually knows me and he asked me what year it was. Better check his head to doc."