Chapter 2

Y/n POV

The sun was setting and it was about to become night, the cool air brushed against my s/c skin. "Shippo: Y-y/n..I'm scared" he said his voice very quiet as he clung to me, "I am to shippo" I said as we continued walking. I looked up at the sky to try and see someone or something that we knew but nothing...

Inuyasha POV

Me and everyone were walking around the forest looking for Y/n, I found kagome hours earlier but not Y/n. I was starting to get worried, "DAMMIT WHERE IS SHE!?!" I yelled in pure frustration. Sango placed her hand on my shoulder, "Sango: don't worry Inuyasha, I'm sure she's fine. Y/n can protect herself" she says trying to reassure me, I look away. "Whatever...let's check to the east of the forest, she might be there" I say walking in that direction. As soon as I walked there the air became thick and ominous; Y/n and Shippo's scent lingering. Kagome: I-I sense a sacred jewel shard! It's over there!" She says frantically as she points In the direction where their scent was coming from. In that moment I knew there was something off and they were in trouble, "We gotta go! Y/n and shipping are in trouble!" I rushed in that direction.

Y/n POV

Me and shippo have been walking forever but..nothing and no one was around, I sighed heavily feeling relaxed for once. "Maybe were fine shippo.." I said putting him down, "Shippo: I have a bad feeling about this...". He trembled fearfully and clung to my leg. We continued walking until I sensed a prescience watching me from behind, I felt a chill down my back. I stopped in my tracks immediately turning around to be face to face with a big black demon with glowing orange and red eyes. I felt as if my heart had stopped before whimpering fearfully, I felt Shippo freeze as if he couldn't move. Every thought in my mind disappeared as I backed away slowly. "Demon: What's wrong?...don't be scared..it'll only take a second.." The Demon charged at me but in that very moment I felt as if my body moved on its own, I stood my ground and kicked him in the jaw as hard as possible making him draw back and groan loudly. I felt Shippo fly off my leg as I stumbled backwards from the attack. "Shippo! Run!! Go find the others!" I say frantically, I then turn my attention to the Demon and scoff; "That was only a taste of what I can do.." . I quickly grab my katana that was sticking out of my pack and unsheathing the sword, I plant my feet in the dirt and ready myself for the demon to attack. "Demon: This isn't going to be as easy as...I thought but it'll make it so much better when I rip you to pieces..", His huge mouth opens revealing many rows of teeth; I stand prepared feeling the doubt of winning starting to take over. The demon finally charged at me, I hoan in on the demon the best I can and swing my sword cutting off his arm; "Gotcha.." I say triumphantly before seeing its arm slowly start forming back. I hesitate for a moment, the demon then takes advantage and slices my left arm and my thighs leaving deep cuts, he then punches me making my body fly back into a tree. I feel blood sprit out my mouth as I fall to the ground. The Demon laughs and licks the bloods of his talons "Demon: It's over for you wench!!" He walks over to me and picks me up by the neck about to consume me whole, then suddenly the demon screeches in pain and disintegrates. I drop to the ground and see as the sacred jewel inside of him was picked up by Kagome. "Inuyasha: Y/n !Are you okay!?" I looked at him, wavering in and out of consciousness as I raised an arm. I tried to speak but I was too weak to form any words, my vision slowly started fading as my arms fell. I passed out, loosing my grip on consciousness....