The Other Side of the Fish Tank II (b.h)

Start from the beginning

He was unsure whether to follow you anyway, not wanting to take advantage of such a drunk state, even more so when he heard the mention of the name "Joe". A boyfriend? A brother? A cousin? How could he know who this unmasked man was, a terrifying fear playing out in his head that you'd already be taken. He watched from afar as you stumbled into the man's arms, the way his fingers held your hips made his heart drop; although he continued to watch. He was expecting a kiss, any sort of romantic gesture but nothing came of it, just a quick squeeze and a giggle.

For a few seconds he watched as you engulfed yourself in watching the fireworks display, although he didn't care for the bright colours and loud noises; he only cared for you. He smiled at himself, seeing how you jumped out of your skin with every loud bang of gas, watching in anticipation as your head began to turn miraculously begging for him to spot you.

He decided that maybe it was time for him to make his move, slowly floating around clumps of people with a smile and a quick hello, his eyes flickering between you and the distance he'd set; getting smaller with every stop. You'd not given up hope, you knew he was here - everyone was watching the fireworks display, no matter where they were in the garden or house.

He got closer now, much closer, to the point where he could see you perfectly. Your figure hugging green dress, your perfect silhouette that was illuminated by the intimidatingly loud crashes every so often; although he had much reason to believe that you were bright enough on your own. He watched as you scoured the room for him one last time, his hand felt like it had a mind of its own as it reached out to grab yours in the midst of things.

At this gesture, you flinched, spilling more of your beverage and turning your head slowly to reveal the blond boy stood, a smile playing on his lips as he bowed down to you slightly - not in a way of degradation or patronisingly, but in a way of admiration. You blushed at the gesture as you reached back out for his fingertips, flicking your eyes between the unnamed stranger and your best friend, who was completely unaware of the surroundings, too busy taking in the fireworks display. You were sure he would soon find out where you'd gotten to, with either a text or by finding you somewhere with another man.

He'd seen you with a couple of men before, some in vicarious positions that, after all this time he had refused to question to save both you and him the embarrassment of what was happening; some in simple and sweet positions that showed nothing but innocence. You'd had your fair share of seeing him with women, too - the ginger had a way with words that made women melt around him, something you could never get to grips with.

The blond was encapsulated by your presence, when he pulled on the tips of your fingers softly and pulled you a nudge closer, he soon realised that he hadn't the smallest idea of what he would say to you. A simple 'hi' was off the cards, he'd already goofed around enough with you at the Fish Tank to say the word. You, also, couldn't find the words to process, you found the blond almost insatiable; much more gorgeous than you had first realised.

"Are you enjoying the party?" His choice of words was regretful, the look on his face clearly showing the resentment he felt toward himself at the sentence. You giggled, only now realising your fingers were carefully placed on his bicep, something  you hadn't realised until you raised your hand to cover your mouth at the small laugh.

He worried that his choice of words was something that would lead you astray, that they would bore you or lower you interest upon him. "Do you want to try again?" He was shocked initially at your response, a mimicking childlike giggle coming from his lips as well as yours.

"I'm sorry," He admitted with a gasp, a firework illuminated your soft facial features and it swept him away, "I'm Ben." You smiled in response to his name, a flush of heat running to your face and your body.

"I'm Y/N." He blushed at your voice, and although only hearing two words, your soft and soothing tones - even when you were drunk - were something he could get used to. They were something he wanted to listen to in the middle of the night when you couldn't sleep, something he drew expletives out of when his tongue travelled down south; something he could listen to forever.

"D'you wanna go somewhere a bit quieter?" He found himself shouting now, the drink in his hand barely touched since he picked it up. You nodded softly, checking round to see for Joe. He turned to look over, clearly seeing the beg of approval in your eyes as he walked off, winking at you.

Ben took your hand and guided you through groups of people, some seeing you in his grasp and whispering, others were simply too mindful of their own business to notice you. "Where are we gonna go?" You asked, desire burning up in your face and chest.

He smiled down at you, pulling you close to his body as he stopped you from getting trampled by a stampede of rugby students, "I know the perfect place."