Chapter 45 - The End

I walk out the door in both anger and astonishment. I had did it. I had walked out of my toxic relationship with Siddharth. Infact, toxic would be an understatement. After around a year of both emotional and physical abuse, I am finally free. But the question is, where do I go. 

Drishti is wrapped around me arms as I ponder about my next step. I have nobody. Nobody except Armit. 

Although I knew going to Armit would be a sensible solution in this situation, there is something stopping me. I didn't know if it was the embarrassment of being practically homeless or the guilt of staying with another man while I am still married. What would the parents who raised me think about this? They are imagining that I am in some of kind fairytale relationship with Siddharth, when in fact it is the exact opposite. 

Without further thought, I dial Armit's number. I know that many will believe what I am doing is wrong, but believe me, this is for the best. 

All throughout the ride to Armit's house, my mind is in confusion.  This is so unlike me. For most of my life, I thought that you only marry once and you be with that person forever. No matter how bad the relationship is, I always believed that women must comprise - at least that's what my mother had told me. 

But now I have learnt something. 

What is the point in being in a loveless and abusive marriage. What is the meaning of marriage if you are constantly in pain and are shown zero respect.

Marriage isn't supposed to be just a compromise, it is supposed to make you feel loved and secure. I didn't have that with Siddharth. There were a few days when I felt a bit of affection or he cared for me, but those were things that would go in a matter of minutes. Nobody deserves a husband like Siddharth, but everyone deserves a partner like Armit. I can't get myself to say I love Armit, but I know my heart longs for someone like him. Someone who will nurture and love me and my baby unconditionally.  

I gave Siddharth too many chances, too many opportunities to do the right thing, and everytime he would end up hurting me greater, but at least now I have the feeling of doing the right thing. I gave him more chances than he ever needed or deserved, but despite all that he still didn't chance his ways. I guess he would be happy now, no wife to worry about, he can flirt and sleep with as many girls as he wants and nobody would be in his way. 

Siddharth is now my past, and Armit is my future. 

I need a caring husband, and Drishti needs a selfless father. 

I guess this is the best option for both of us - and Drishti. 

Armit opens the door to his tiny house. Actually, his home isn't tiny, in fact I'd say averaged sized - 2 bedrooms, a kitchen, a bathroom and a small garden at the back. I guess being in Siddharth's castle for such a long time makes me feel like this is a lot smaller, but I like it. Small and cosy, just like my home in India, which lies between the beautiful and colorful streets of Chennai. 

I step foot in his home with Drishti in my arms. 

"Welcome to your new home" Armit says with a smile 

A smile forms on my face automatically. 

This is the start of something new.

The End

Hi Wattpadders! Phew, I can't believe this story I've been working on for over a year has finally come to an end. I just wanna say thank you to all of you for supporting me with this book, never would I have thought I would reach 204K reads and gain so much popularity. It's amazing to know that my writing is being appreciated 

I know many of you may have not been expecting this ending, or for this book to end here, so if you have any questions please write them here in the comments - I'll surely reply to all your comments. 

And, don't worry, this won't be the last you hear of Nisha. A exciting sequel is on it's way, I will inform you when I am ready to publish it, so do follow me and keep out for notifications

Again, Thank you for the support and love! Truly appreciate you guys !