Chapter 12 - First Night

Although the ride from the venue to Siddharth's home was only 25 minutes, it felt like 5 hours. 5 dreadful hours of sitting next to the cold-hearted Siddharth. During these 25 minutes, I wanted to engross Siddharth's nastiness and throw it out of the window. 

The ravishing lamborghini parked right in front of their imperial home. As we walk towards the entrance, we see Aunt Aadhya and the family surrounded by the door with beaming smiles. 

I hear Siddharth sigh loudly as I enter their home. I was no longer just a guest at their home, I was now their daughter-in-law. A few rituals were conducted by Siddharth's family to welcome me into their home. I was astonished by their kindness and love towards me. How could such a amiable family be related to a jerk like Siddharth. 

"If Siddharth were a lil younger, don't you reckon he would've fallen for me " Teased Malika, one of Siddharth's impudent cousins.

I give her a small smile. I am exhasuted from all the dilema. To make things worse, it is one of India's most hottest days of the year so far. I am both emotionally, and physically drained. 

Aunt Aadhya has prepared some sweets and gives it to me. I peer at the delicious plate full of ladoos and burfi. Yum, this is perfect ,as I had not eaten for the last 3 hours. 

"Where is Siddharth?" Asks Aunt Aadhya while I am busily eating the sweets.

"Umm I don't know. " I muffle with my mouth half full

"I think he's gone to his room" Shouts Uncle Samar from the kitchen

"OoOoh. My boy is eager to spend the night with you " Teases Aunt Aadhya

Ew. Just ew. 

Suddenly the thoughts of my first night enter my mind. I grew 10 times more nervous than I was before. The day just went by so fast, I barely got time to  think about my first night.

Oh no. Siddharth was just such a jerk. I couldn't even imagine sharing a bed with someone as ruthless and arrogant as him. My problem wasn't just Siddharth's awful personaity, I wasn't ready to be a 'wife' to anybody. 

I'll admit, I had not had a boyfriend before. It's not that I didn't like boys or anything, I just didn't have time for that stuff. I guess I focused too much on my career. At Uni, my friends were constantly at parties, and hitting it with the guys, but I was different. My main aim was to get a degree, and get a job. 

In saying that, I did have a couple of males friends. In college I had met a few nice guys, but I barely talk to them now. My friends always rant about how I should've used my college days to fall in love, but  it's too late now. Plus, I am married now, no going back. 

"Nisha Akka! Your bed is all ready " Squels Samya, one of Siddharth's relatives

Damn. Why! 

I walk alongside Samya, as she leads me to Siddharth's room. My hands are sweaty and heart is thumping. I was NOT ready to consummate any relationship, especially with Siddharth. 

Wait? What am I even saying? Siddharth woud not even want to touch me. He is madly in love with Alia. 

"Here you are" Whispers Samya and walks off graciously. 

I stare at the door in fear. I had never been inside his room before. Well, I had once, but that was when we were ten.

I touch the doorknob with t fear elevating through my body. What would he think of me when I walk in? What would he do? 

I take a deep breath, and walk into the room. The room is beautifully decorated with flowers and candles. All along the sides are wonderful scented candles in red and gold. The bed is adorned with yellow, pink, and red roses in a shape of a heart.