Chapter 11 - Married to a monster

My mind is in knots, as I stress whether I should  marry Siddharth or not?

In all honesty, he has not been as rude as he used to be, but can't I trust him due to his moody and unpredictable personality. 

Tears flood my eyes as I lie in my mothers lap. Her hands are warm and gentle as they caress my hair. 

"Nisha, you need to decide quickly, Aunty and Uncle are getting impatient, please dear say yes " Mum says.

The happiness of my family has always been top priority for me. I wanted to make them happy, and make them proud. 

"Be a good girl dear, Siddharth is perfect for you" Mum encourages as Aunt Aadhya hurries over to us. 

"Nisha. Time is running out, you need to get ready" Aunt Aadhya says tugging me

"Is it a yes?"  Mum asks gently

"O-Okay" I whisper as Aunt Aadhya pulls me towards the bridal room. 

"Take a seat" The makeup artist says in a joyful tone

I look over at Aunt Aadhya, who is talking to my mother. The makeup artist(Keerthi) begins applying all sorts of creams and powders onto my face. Her hands are cold and brittle, just like Siddharth's heart. I shiver at the thought of our marriage. Before I know it, Keerthi has finished doing my makeup.

"Have a look, beautiful" She cheers holding up a mirror

I look into the mirror, and am amazed at what I see. 

From my red lips, to my shiny eyeshadow, I look completely different. I am no longer ordinary Nisha. She has transformed me into a bride. 

"Quickly get the dress" Orders Aunt Aadhya. 

While the girls get my outfit, Aunt Aadhya gleefully rushes over to me.

"Oh wow. You look amazing dear. " She compliments

I was not in the mood. A part of me was furious at her for forcing me into this mess. Yet I wanted to help her and her family.  I stayed calm, praying for the best. 

'Everything will be fine. Everything will be fine. I will get through this. Siddharth will change, and I'll be happy' I chant in my head

"Here you go" Say Keerthi handing me the dress

I am astonished when I see the gown. It is the most beautiful lehenga I have ever seen in my life. I would never, even in my wildest dreams, would've imagined wearing something as expensive and beautiful as this. It is predominantly pink and blue, with beautiful flowers and beads embroidered on it. Every part of the skirt is covered in magnificent handcrafted designs. 

As I slip into the lehenga, and look at my reflection, I am dazzled

As I slip into the lehenga, and look at my reflection, I am dazzled. Being a middle class girl, I have never experienced any luxuries like this. It was obvious that this lehenga was for a girl like Alia, not me. However, I have never looked better in my life. I am standing in the most beautiful dress I have ever seen, and I still can not force a smile on my face.