XXXVIII. Mouth of a Seducer

Começar do início

Dextor's smile drops, and he clenches his hand. "Miss Chisai, is your wife?"

Anthony looks at me and smiles. "Yes, she is mine, and I am hers."

I rest my head on his chest for comfort before raising my hands and wrapping them around his waist.

"And call her Mrs.Winston," his voice - clear, authoritative. He grabs my left hand and places a gentle kiss on the diamond ring. "After all, she is a married woman."

I tuck my lip inside my teeth, no longer feeling the pressure. "Yes, I am."

Anthony looks back at the two guys in front of him. "We must leave now," I noticed how his tone of voice wasn't as graceful as when we were in the ballroom. "Step aside."

Dextor and the young man move their legs for us to leave. According to power status, the Winston should be above the Evan's family; hence, they can't do anything even if Anthony disrespects them. I'm grateful to Anthony for holding me by the waist, or else I wouldn't be able to move.

"Miss Chi- Mrs.Winston," Dextor calls out for me.

"Yes, Mr.Evans?" I responded but didn't look back.

There was another long trace of silence before he said: "How are you?"

I want to scoff at his question. "Well."

Once we passed by the young man, his eyes were pinned onto me. "Young man, didn't your parents teach you not to eye on a taken woman?" Anthony's voice is calm, but anyone could hear the warning behind it.

The boy's body began to shake, and he rested his head low. "Apologies, Mr.Winston."

Anthony didn't respond, merely helped me out of the suffocating building. Once we were out of sight, he scooped me into his arms. "Don't fight against it; you know you can't walk."

I nuzzle my head into his chest. "I wasn't going to fight," I mumble, tightening my grip on his shirt.

"Thank you...Polpetto."

He stops walking and looks down at me with a vast frown. "Meatball?"

I bit my lower lips and buried myself deeper into his chest, wanting to disappear. "You wanted a nickname."

"And of all the nicknames in the world, you choose meatball?" he tries to sound angry, but I can pick up some humorous tone in his voice.

I glance upward to see a smile on his face, "Polpettoooooo."

The mood feels lighter. I stretch my arms toward his neck. A door opens, and Anthony steps out, allowing the fresh air to scatter on our skin. I smiled when he didn't reject the nickname.

"Now, I understand," he said, as the driver got out of the car.

"You understand?"

He nods and looks down at me with a straight face. "I saw how you were eating the meatballs last night during dinner."

While staring into his teasing eyes, my mouth drops faster than the Wi-Fi connection. "What?"

He smirks, "You were consuming it like it's your lifeline."

My breaths became shallow, making me feel a bit lightheaded. "That is not what I mean! I-I h-heard it back in Italy and j-just thought it was cute," I groan, covering my heated face.

"Are you feeling better, mio cuore?"

I separate my fingers. "I do...feel a bit better."

"But not happy."

I shake my head, "How can I be happy? He told them I was dead."

Anthony places me on top of the hood of the car as the men turn around, pretending they are not present. "Then, allow Angelica Evans to die," he said coolly. "You're Angelica Chisai now. A woman with no relations to someone who does not deserve you."

Anthony placed a hand on my cheek, his thumb steadily running across the cheekbones, and I couldn't help but tremble underneath his touches. I put my hand on top of his, unable to waive my vision as he closed the distance between us. His waist grasps between my legs and I swallow.

"Your father and mother are in heaven right now, mio cuore. That man with those people standing in front of you merely minutes ago is nothing...no ones."

I rest my forehead against his chest. "How do you know my parents are in heaven?"

"Because they are good people."

"And how do you know my parents are good people?"

Anthony places his forefinger underneath my chin and lifts it. "Because only someone with a kind soul can raise such a beautiful sweet woman like you."

"Have anyone ever told you, you got the mouth of a seducer?"

The edge of his lip twerked. "Have anyone ever told you, you got the voice of an angel?"

I tuck my lip inside my mouth and look down. Anthony places his hand beneath my chin again, but I stop him from lifting my face. "Don't," I whisper.

"And why not?"

"Because...I'm making an ugly face right now," I know that's not true, I don't want Anthony to see my extremely embarrassing face. His words are too much for me.

He places both hands on top of the hood beside me. "Let me see it."

I shake my head, rejecting his request.

"Mio cuore, let me see your face," his voice is gentle and alluring.

I continue to shake my head.

"Then, what should I do to see my lovely wife's face? Should I-" he tilts his head, "beg?" His lip travels towards my ear, "Would you like me to go on my knees and beg?"