Zara

Everything is moving to fast and all at once. The only thing that's keeping me comfort is Dany. I'm so glad she a baby and won't remember the awful night. Right now she is fast asleep in my arms.

Derek's lifeless eyes keeps staring at me every time I close my eyes, Derek's blood stained on my hands a constant reminder of tonight. What am I gonna do if he's gone.

"Mi hija," Sophia says snapping my thoughts. "It's going to be okay." She says taking my hands. My mom comes on my other side and sits down next to me. "Ms. Coats?" A male voice says in front door f me. I look up to see two white men standing in front of me. "Yes," I chocked out. "My name is Detective Jones and this is my partner Detective Anders. We have a few questions about what happened tonight." He states. I nodded my head and gave a sleeping Dany to my mama.

I stood up and followed the two detectives to a waiting room. John and Sebastian walks over to us and stood by my side. "Ms. Coats, can you tell us what happened tonight ." Detective Anders asked. "Umm, Derek and I just came from a dinner party I threw for him. I was walking our daughter in her stroller and he was walking the pet pig Sebastian got for him. And we was laughing and talking then Carlos came from behind us with a gun. He asked for our stuff but me being stubborn as hell refused and Derek being considerate as he is gave it to him." I wipe my eyes from the tears that are now falling.

"Yeah Umm when we have him all our stuff, Carlos wanted our daughter's bracelet but I refused again and Derek went in to disarm him and one thing led to another the gun went off , Derek fell and Carlos took off." I finished

"Okay you kept referring to the suspect as 'Carlos' did you know him on a personal level." Detective Jones asked. "Not really, before I met Derek he asked me out but I said no he got mad and put his hands on me and I punched him in the throat embarrassing him in front of his friends" I tell them. "Could you tell us where Carlos may have went or gone to hide out." Detective Anders asked me.

All my life I followed the rules of the streets. Living where I grew up you have to for survival. The number one rule is to never snitch to the cops.

But my life isn't the streets anymore. My life is Derek and Daenerys. "Yea, he'll probably go to his baby mama house Tina Harlo and if he's not there he goes to the trap house where the Green Diamonds meet up with." I confess to them.

"The Green Diamonds?" Detective Jones asked. Back were I lived at the Green Diamonds were kings. They sold women, drugs and guns. But the cops could never place them of there crimes so they never got caught. "Yeah." I say back. The Detectives finished asking there questions and writing down their notes and left to talk with John and Sebastian.

I need my baby right now. I walk over Sofia and my mom with Dany. I reached out for her and my mom placed her in my arms. She's still sleep. That's all Derek.

Oh Derek. My baby Derek please be okay.
******************************************************************************
After hours of waiting, the doctors came out to talk to us. We are all together waiting for the news on whether Derek alright or not.

"The surgery was a success." The Doctor said.We all let out a breath of release

"The bullet went right through but it didn't puncture any lungs. But there was a complication. When we was transfusing the blood there was plenty of blood clots and a water flooding in his lungs." He explained.

Oh my God.

"Is he okay" I asked. "Yes, we got the situation under control."he says but something still not right. "Then what's wrong." I asked a little more demanding. "Due to the overuse of anesthesia we had to put him in medically induced coma."he says.

I just lost it. My knee gave out and I fall to  the floor and just cry. I felt someone comfort me from behind but I'm too sad to see who it is. Why is all this bullshit happening to me.

After my episode, I sat in the waiting room while everyone else go sit and talk to Derek. Every one except me. I can't see him that way. So still and lifeless. Not again. The doctor said that it may take him a few weeks to wake up but it's all up to him.

Jordyn come in the room holding a wide awake Dany. My mood brightens up a little. "Are you going in to see him?" She asks sitting down in the seat next to me. I shake my head no leaning in to take Daenerys from her.

I need the comfort.

"Why not?" She asks crossing her leg over the other. "Because I'm afraid." I croak out. "Why are you afraid?" She asked. What is this. Dr. Phil

I don't reply to her instead I focus my attention on my daughter. "Zara. Why are afraid to see your fiancé?" She asked me again but a little firmer.

"Because I'm afraid that he'll stay that way and Daenerys will grow up seeing him like that."I confess "I'm scared that I will never see him smile or hear him sing and laugh. I'm terrified that I'll never see him again but just that vegetative state." I cried to her.

What if I never see Derek again? What if Dany never really meet her daddy?

"Zara don't let that fear stop you from saying anything that is meant to be said. Have faith and believe that Derek is fighting to get back to you and Daenerys." She says to me.

I nod my head. She's right I need to be by Derek side every step of the way. I stand up and place Dany on my hips. "Do you need me to take her?" She asked. "Naw I'm good." I say to her.

I walked to Derek's room but stopped in front of the door. I can do this. I take a deep breath in and let it out. I opened the door and walked in.

My breath caught in my throat. He's lying there so still with breathing tubes in his nose. John and Sophia sat on both sides of him talking in Spanish. When they saw me, they finished up their conversations and got up from their chair.

"He's all yours." John says walking towards me. Sophia plants a kiss on top of Dany's head and John gives me a side hug and they both walked out of the door.

Once they were out the door, I took a deep breath and walked to the chair sitting next to him. I laid Dany in my left arm as I sat down and held Derek's hand with my right hand.

"I don't know what to say to be honest. I read in articles that patients in comas can still hear what's going on around them. Dany misses you so do I." I say. I looked down the see Dany looking at Derek. I wipe the tear from my eye.

"Baby come back to us. When been through so much together and I want to go through more with you. I- we need you here and I need you in my arms. So if you can hear me give me something. Please show me that you are fighting."I plead to him.

Then something beautiful happened, I felt his picky twitch. I let out a choked laugh. "Okay, we be here when you wake up." I tell him.

Comment
Vote
Share
I will have a new stories that will be coming up called 'The Vampire And I' when it come go check it out.

Also I am not a doctor so those medical term and whatnot I have not idea if it accurate for the situation but it is fiction