Odin

Odin was being unnecessarily stubborn about Loki's punishment, so the trial was taking much longer than usual. She sat on the edge of her bed, with her head in her hands. There was a dip on the bed and a strong arm wrapped around her shoulders, "You okay?" 

"I am this close to killing Odin," she looked up at Steve,

He chuckled, shaking his head, "I would warn you about getting imprisoned or executed for high treason, but I've got a feeling you could worm your way out of being punished."

She grinned at him, "How is it treason when he isn't even my king?" He smiled down at her, joy lighting up his mostly blue eyes.

There was a few minutes of silence, before the Captain spoke up, "You reckon the Avengers will be off the radio by the time we get back?"

"You'll be buying a new radio if we're not," she shrugged.

~~~

"Yes!"

"No!"

"Yes!"

"No!"

"Yes!"

"No!"

Odin and Mor were stood in front of the throne, yelling at each other. Frigga, Sif, Steve, Thor, Volstagg, Hogun and Fandral were watching them, not sure if they should interrupt or not. Mor was wearing Asgardian battle armor, it was similar to Sif's but black and smaller, and somehow she looked scarier than she had before. Odin was insisting he would never protect Loki, and of course she believed the opposite.

Mor made her voice calm, but cold, "Never will you not protect Loki." They all looked at her, confused at the sudden change, but Odin fell right for her trap.

"Always I will protect Loki!"

Horror filled the kings face when he realized what he said, but the brown haired assassin simply smiled, "I'm glad we're on the same page, Odin." She walked away with Steve following shortly behind her.

Thor watched them leave and started laughing. He turned to his father, "I told you Lady Morrigan always wins a fight."

~~~

"Lady Morrigan, can you please state your reasoning as to why you believe Loki was not responsible for the attack in New York?"

"Once soldiers, or experts in physics, were placed under the mind control of the Tesseract their retinals turned the same blue as the Tesseract. The same blue of Loki's eyes. When Loki had escaped his cell in the main SHIELD base, we got back one of our men. We knocked Loki out of his brain through cognitive recalibration. When Loki was smashed through the floor by the Hulk, he underwent the same thing and his eyes returned to their natural green."

Every Asgardian in the room were giving her confused looks, not understanding what she just said. Mor sighed, "We hit them really hard on the head." A bunch of 'oh's were heard.

"And how exactly did you track the Tesseract?"

"We calibrated spectrometers all over the world for gamma radiation and made a tracking algorithm based on cluster recognition." More blank looks. "We used special machines that tracked the energy the Tesseract let out." More sudden understanding. This is getting tedious. 

~~~

Steve's POV- 3rd person

Steve had watched, proud, as his partner-in-crime changed the minds of a room full of anti-Loki's. Something he hadn't thought couldn't be done. Then again, he also thought she wouldn't be able to manipulate what Odin was saying, but she had. He was on his way to his room, after the day's trial, when a voice stopped him, "Captain." He turned, surprised to see the Allfather walking towards him.

He bowed, "Can I assist you, Allfather?"

"So much more polite than Morrigan," the king smiled.

Steve grinned, "She has more than enough profanity for the both of us."

"That she does. She is lucky to have you Captain," the older man laughed.

His eyes sparkled as he shook his head, "It's the other way round, honestly."

Odin placed a hand on the super soldier's left shoulder, "Take care of her. I may not be all that fond of her but I can see how much she needs you, even if no one else does."

It surprised him, to see Odin be protective of the girl he had screaming matches with at least twice a day. He didn't know why the conversation was happening, but found himself nodding at the king, "I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I let her get hurt."

~~~

++++One and a half months later++++

The ten of them, including Heimdall himself, stood in the golden sphere at the end of the Rainbow Bridge. Loki shook her hand, "Thank you, Morrigan, for everything."

"You're welcome, Loki. I'm just happy I could help," the assassin gave him a smile.

She had won the trial, after two months of arguing with Odin and a load of other Asgardian lords, and Loki was only given a week in a cell- which he had already completed. It was better than life imprisonment so she counted it as a win. Sif walked over, "I will miss you, Morrigan. It was nice having another female around."

Mor grinned, "Oh I have to agree. There is only one other female on the Avengers, with five males. The testosterone is suffocating." She heard Thor grumbled something when he heard her comment but she ignored him. The Warriors Three squashed her and Steve in a hug, muttering their goodbyes. 

Frigga hugged them as well, but she didn't squeeze the breath out of them, "You are always welcome on Asgard, tell your friends if they ever want to visit they are more than welcome to."

Steve nodded, "We will. Though I would hide the alcohol, just in case." Mor laughed, remembering one of the many drunk catastrophes from her pre-KGB days. It was only funny because Tony had fell onto an empty glass and had shards in his face- she wasn't sure it was supposed to be funny, but it was.

"Whenever you need me, ask Heimdall. He will hear you and send me," Thor clapped their arms.

They nodded as the Guardian opened the Bifrost, watching as Thor took his Migardian friends back home.