Reappearances and Adjustments

A week after the Battle of New York

The news was going crazy. Tony Stark had announced to the press that The Avengers were meeting in a park to see Thor and Loki off that afternoon- the police (read: disguised SHIELD agents) already had a very wide barricade around the area and were stopping people getting in. Mor's phone buzzed next to her paperwork on the small coffee table, her phone lighting up with one name: Tony. She picked it up, lifting it to her ear as she answered it, "Hello, Stark. What's with the call?"

T: "I am making an Avengers tab on the Stark Industries website, calling a press conference to explain to the public and am trying to make a base for our little team, along with easier contact. I would like you and Capsicle to come to the tower tomorrow for planning."

M: "I'll ask Steve when he gets back. And plan what?"

T: "Oh, you know. You're guys floor arrangements when the tower is rebuilt, what new tech you lot would like me to build, other basic SI stuff that will affect you when the tower is made. Plus Pepper wants to meet the dream team, especially you, as you're her long lost goddaughter and all that jazz." 

M: "We're not telling the public I'm your daughter. I've already had Fury wipe information of my birth parents from the SHIELD database. Being in the public's eye will make my job as a spy harder, and only be a liability."

T: "Done deal. No telling the public about you. Also Pepper says 'hi'."

She heard the front door open.

M: "I've got to go. Steve's home."

She hung up the phone, looking up at her roommate as he walked in, "You ready? Thor's leaving soon." She nodded and followed him out the front door.

~~~

Thanks to Tony hiring extra security- he used trusted security members from SI- the press and public were too far away to get a good look at the heroes faces, but they could tell which was which. A little, anyway. Loki was in chains with something covering his mouth, Thor's hand firmly on his arm. Mor walked over to Bruce and hugged him, "Hey doc. Tony drove you mad yet?"

He laughed and returned the hug, shaking his head, "Give it a while, it'll start eventually. How's living with Steve?"

She pulled back from the hug with a shrug, "Very patriotic. I've already banned him from the kitchen until he learns how to use everything. He tried microwaving a raw steak." 

Bruce laughed and looked over her shoulder, "I'll see you soon, I'm sure, for Tony's plan thing. And I think Clint wants you." She thanked the doctor before walking over to her adoptive father and wrapping him in a hug. 

He kissed her forehead, "You okay, sweetheart?"

She nodded, "Yeah, dad, I'm fine. Just, ya know, recovering from New York. Thanks for having my back out there."

He ruffled her hair, "Any time. Though next time, try not to be chased by a rogue god on the back of a alien chariot, yeah?"

"I'll try. Crazy situations tend to be drawn to me though," she grinned at him.

The archer shook his head, "No, you go to them. There was no need for you to do that stunt with the chandelier in Budapest. As cool as it was." She laughed, rolling her eyes. That was f*cking amazing, not 'cool'. 

~~~

She looked over at Steve as they climbed the steps of Stark Tower, "Remind me why we're doing this again?"

He flashed her a grin, "Because we have a team now, and for that team to work we need to learn to work together, Stark is taking the first steps at that. Nothing will be accomplished if we don't build a team dynamic." They found the office Tony had told them to go to and stepped inside- finding Pepper, Bruce, Happy and Tony already inside. The four of them turned to look at the the pair as they came in. 

Pepper smiled when she saw Mor, and looked torn between getting up to hug her or leave her be, "Lovely to see you again, Mor!" She nodded at the CEO of Stark Industries, before taking her seat at the large table with Steve on her right. 

Happy reached forward and shook her hand, "Pleasure to meet you, Agent Barton." He doesn't know who I am, then.

She gave him a fake smile, "You too, Mr Hogan." She smiled at Bruce as the door opened, and the last two expected members of the Avengers walked in. 

"Agent Romanoff," fear flashed across Happy's face.

Clint gave the Head of Security a reluctant, fake smile, "Mr Hogan. I am Clint Barton or Hawkeye." Tony opened his suitcase and passed around files to everybody, with the Avengers symbol and CLASSIFIED printed on the front. He rolled pens over the table to them, and tapped the glass table twice. A hologram of the tower appeared in front of them, in the same state it was currently. 

Stark looked around at them, "Avengers. Our first ever team meeting starts now."

~~~

They had been sitting around the glass table for three hours, debating and tweaking the outline plans Stark had already made. Happy was only really necessary for any security rules, which consisted of: not blowing things up, no weapons usage outside the training room unless it's an emergency and no terrifying employees. There were a few others, but those three were the ones he was most adamant about. Stark was adding facial, thermal, retinal and fingerprint recognition so they didn't need security badges. They were going to get one anyway, but as more of a key for their 'apartment' than anything else- and a key to every room in the tower, apart from each others floors. They would have to give permission manually for that. The Head of Security had been sent off on a coffee and snack run, as none of them wanted an actual lunch. Clint hadn't even tried to convince his adopted kid to have a proper meal- that was Laura's job. Happy walked in with a large cup holder and a plastic bag, "I come bearing gifts." Clint grabbed the bag from Happy and chucked its contents all over the table. Even Pepper lunged forward to grab something. 

Tony tore open a pack of Doritos, "Do you guys want a games floor? I was thinking pool table, play stations, x-boxes, board games. Oh what about a gym floor? Actual pool, state of the art gym, targets, training rings etc."

Natasha nodded, "If we could have racks by the walls for each of us with all our weapons on it, then we won't get mixed up with each others weapons. And perhaps a few first aid kits." 

"Make sure that only the person the weapon belongs to can actually get to them. I don't want to have the tower broken into and high-grade weapons just out for the taking," Pepper pulled a marshmallow out of the bag.

Mor grinned, "That would be like Cairo all over again. An absolute bloodbath."

Clint raised an eyebrow at her, "It couldn't have been that bad."

"I was cleaning blood out from my hair for weeks," she shook her head. "I still don't know if it was human blood or not."

Tony cut back in, "Can we please focus on this? I want my tower back up ASAP. Plus I've- Pepper's got employees that need to work."

Steve nodded, "That would be a good idea." And so the Avengers got to work.