Epilogue

18th October 2013

It had been little over a year since the Avengers were brought together by Nick Fury, engaging in a war against a brain-washed god and the Chitauri. Tony had rebuilt his tower, with fifteen extra floors all exclusively for Earth's mightiest heroes. Bruce hadn't changed into the Other Guy since the battle, and had continued his research in his own state of the art lab. Steve was slowly adjusting to the new millennium, he learnt how to use everything in the kitchen so the next biggest obstacles were films and social media. Clint had only been on one mission since the day New York would never forget, staying at home with his secret wife and kids. Thor was off somewhere in the universe, restoring peace to the nine realms with the help of Lady Sif and the Warriors Three, sometimes Loki would go but the realms were still wary of him- it was getting there though. Natasha had been running missions for Fury, and had gone back to Russia to track down any family she might have left; she found her parents' graves but she still had an aunt and a few cousins left. Mor had been either in DC with Steve, in New York in an attempt to get to know her biological father or somewhere on a mission. They had all gone to Phil Coulson's funeral in January, making a speech about him at some point during the ceremony. They had all done a few missions as a team, patching each other up afterwards. There was Avengers merchandise everywhere, including posters- Pepper had convinced them to do a photo shoot- shirts, dolls, bags, wristbands and lunch boxes. For SHIELD everything was relatively calm, no major threats that needed to be dealt with. Fury and Mor were tracking down HYDRA on shadow conditions, so no one else knew they were back. The world still didn't know where the Avengers were, but had decided to stop looking. These people had saved all of their lives, even if the war was just in New York, and for the most part they were grateful. Of course there were haters, but they had all seen the team try to help clean up after and for some that was enough. The council knew they were dangerous, concerned about what would happen with them all banded together. Fury knew what he was doing, though. He was the director of SHIELD for a reason after all.

~~~

The Avengers were all curled up on the sofa, under blankets with bowls of popcorn being shared between them. Friday night movie night- everyone had to attend if they were at the tower, it was non-negotiable. It was almost midnight, but none of them were tired- and if they were they were too engrossed in the movie to notice. The familiar alert, in Steve's voice of course, filled the room, "Avengers Assemble!" They all jumped up, spilling popcorn everywhere, running for the emergency suits before taking the elevator to the roof. Their jobs weren't over yet. The world still needed the Avengers.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, Space Between Us is finished. If you're reading this then thank you for sticking with me. I have started a sequel but I'm not as into this story line as I was when I started writing this. If you want me to publish the sequel comment and I'll let you know if I will.

~BookOfACG