Asgard

"And this morning Tony Stark released information about the Avengers on the Stark Industries website, with quotes from most of Earth's Mightiest Heroes. He has announced a press conference next week to explain exactly what happened in New York. He has also claimed he will be the link between the Avengers and the public."

Steve turned off the radio, "If I hear one more damned word about us I'll smash the radio."

Mor laughed as she tied her hair into a tight ponytail at the back of her head, "Remind me to give you lessons about how b*tchy the press is later." He chuckled and grabbed his jacket and keys as they walked out the door. Every Saturday the two of them went food shopping. It always cost more than it should, as Steve's metabolism worked four times faster than the average human. Mor's metabolism was faster as well, a side effect of being experimented on with the Tesseract, but he didn't know that. He didn't need to know.

~~~

They were halfway to their usual shop. They had been meaning to buy a car, but with the Avengers meetings in New York, SHIELD meetings and adjusting Steve to the new millennium they hadn't found the time. A blinding, rainbow light appeared in front of them and they shielded their eyes. If Steve noticed a blade slipped into her hand he didn't say anything. When the flash of light disappeared, almost as quickly as it had came, they both prepared to fight. "Hello Lady Morrigan, Captain of America. I am in need of your assistance."

The assassin ran forward and gave the god a quick hug, "It's great to see you again, Thor. Give us time to pack."

"Will I see where you two live? Heimdall says you have made it look like the perfect mix of the forties and the new century," Thor smiled at them. Who in the holy f*ck is Heimdall?

Steve shook his hand, "Why not? That was mostly Mor, though, I just did all the heavy lifting."

Thor chuckled, "He told me that as well."

~~~

She searched her room for anything she might have left behind. She had already packed enough blades to last her through a war, several catsuits, heels, boots, survival equipment and all the basics. She was wearing her official catsuit- the one she wore during New York- with all the weapons as well. So in total enough weapons for two wars. If the Battle of New York counted as a war. Once she was satisfied she was ready she zipped up her SHIELD issue bag and walked out her room, securing it over her back. Steve and Thor turned to look at her as she walked out, "We're going outside. I don't want a massive Agardian symbol burnt into the floor, it'll take too long to fix."

Thor nodded and she lead the boys out of the apartment, "Just thought you should know- my mother asked me to bring you, against my fathers wishes. He doesn't approve of mortals being on Asgard."

She turned and gave the god a bone-chilling grin, "Then this will be more fun than anticipated."

~~~

Frigga was waiting for them when they stepped through the Bifrost. Steve staggered, looking slightly sick; but Mor was only a little pale. Frigga walked up to her, "Thank you, Morrigan, for agreeing to assist Loki in his trial."

She gave the queen what could be identified as a smile, "It isn't a problem. I'm not going to let the blame fall to a scapegoat." Steve stood up straight and gave the queen a half bow. 

A young woman with black hair in armor walked in, "I see Thor's friends have arrived." 

Mor turned to the woman and gave her a nod, "We have. I would say it's lovely to meet you but I have no clue who you are."

"If we met under different circumstances, you would know of her. Just like I'm sure you would have told me of your friends if we had the time," Thor gave the assassin a mock glare.

She shrugged, "My friends are outlaws, a master assassin, and two would be considered terrorists. I haven't spoken to most of them in years, and my only other friend is Steve here."

Thor had a faint expression of interest, "Tell me more about your adventures later, Lady Morrigan. They sound to be interesting. I would like you to meet Lady Sif- one of Asgard's finest warriors."

Mor rolled her eyes, "I totally couldn't tell she's a warrior, Thor. The armor didn't tip me off or anything."

Sif laughed, "I like this girl. Have you met Jane Foster, by any chance?" 

The assassin turned to the blond god, "That reminds me- I recommend you go see Jane." 

Frigga interrupted, "As much as I would love to talk, I'm sure Morrigan needs time to study our laws." The queen approached her, "They're all in the Old Language, Thor believes you can understand it but I wasn't sure." 

She took the book and opened it on a random page, scanning the neat lettering, "This is Latin. Ego intellegite."

"I thought this language was dead on Midgard," Sif looked impressed.

She nodded, "Oh it is. But dead things are my specialty." 

~~~

On the long walk over the rainbow bridge (she would never admit it but it was one of the best things she had ever seen) and towards the large golden palace, Frigga and Sif had filled her in on how Loki's trial was going. All in all, Odin was being a stubborn a**hole. Thor and Steve trailed behind them, talking about something but none of the ladies paid attention to what they were talking about. As they reached the golden palace a stout man with a silver eye patch came storming out, "What are these mortals doing on Asgard? Guards take them back to Midgard!" One of the gold soldiers grabbed her elbow and she froze, the fury in her eyes was enough to stop them all from moving. 

Steve laughed, and Thor winced. It was Steve, though, that warned him, "You're screwed." The man scoffed and Steve grimaced, "And now you're dead." 

She spun around and punched the guards nose, kneed his crotch, then slipped a blade out of her sleeve and pressed it against the mans throat, all in the space of one second, "You're lucky murder isn't on my agenda today, otherwise I would have killed you already." She shoved the guard to the floor and slipped the blade back up her sleeve, before turning to Odin, "And we are here because you are being an asshole and unfair towards your son, Loki. I am here to testify on his behalf and give you insight on what happened in New York."

Odin's face turned red, "You dare to talk to the Allfather in this manner?"

Mor shrugged, obviously not caring, "I have a messy track-record with fathers." She turned to Frigga, "Could you lead me to where you keep the law books? I've got some studying to do, and an underwhelming god to p*ss off. *cough*Odin*cough*"