Where the Avengers went

Mor looked up as Steve walked into the kitchen, hair still wet from his shower. It had been two days since the Battle of New York, as the media had dubbed it, and Fury had given them a few days off. Steve had also managed to convince her to move into his DC apartment, she had so little belongings at the SHIELD base it had taken an hour to move everything. The news was on the radio, mostly just chat about the Avengers with some standard stuff every now and then. Steve frowned as he sat next to her, grabbing a spoon for the cereal she had prepared for him, "Can't they find anything else to talk about?"

She laughed, "Steve. The seven most dangerous people just formed a team, and defeated an alien army and god only forty-eight hours ago. Then said team disappeared just as quickly with only one message: We Are The Avengers. And haven't been seen or heard from since." 

Understanding crossed his face, "That is an extremely good point, doll." She scooped another spoon of cereal into her mouth, milk spilling down her chin when she didn't close her mouth quick enough. She quickly swallowed her food, forgetting to chew, but the milk had softened it up enough it felt like swallowing soggy tissue. 

Steve looked over at her and burst out laughing, tears filled his eyes and she punched his arm lightly, "Shut it Rogers!" He wiped laughter tears from his face, then looked at the milk and burst out laughing all over again. She wiped the milk off her chin with a scowl, but couldn't stop a smile. 

He leant forward and wiped the corner of her mouth with his thumb, "You missed a bit." They looked at each other then started laughing, leaning against each other. Steve wheezed, "Did you never got taught how to eat?" 

She jabbed his side, "I learnt how to blend in, not how to be normal." 

"Sorry." 

She rolled her eyes at him and put down her spoon, "Hey, I was joking. Sort of, but that's not the point. I know how to eat, I'm just too lazy to do it properly." 

He raised an eyebrow at her, "How can you be too lazy to eat properly?"

She gave him a 'seriously' look, "When I save the Earth from a god hell-bent on taking it over!" 

"Then you must be too tired to walk, you'l have to go back to bed!" Steve stood up, picked her up bridal-style and started walking towards her room.

She giggled and hit his shoulder, "I'm not that tired, but I could get used to this." 

He stopped next to the couch and dropped her onto it, "Well then." 

"But Stevie!" She groaned and gave him a 'sad' look.

He sat down next to her, one arm over the back of the couch, "You know for a master assassin your really...improper?" 

She sat back and rested her legs over his lap, "Only around people I'm comfortable with. So...you, my dad and Nat." She would have included her mom and siblings, but she hadn't told him about them yet.

He leant back against the cushions, "You need more friends, doll." 

She shook her head and crossed her arms, "I'm happy with what I have. Besides making new friends would involve either faking it or being hated for what I do." 

He looked over at his partner-in-crime, "I don't hate you."

She shrugged, looking indifferent, "You are very accepting." 

"Come on. People surely couldn't hate you that much because of your past," he frowned over at her, concern in his eyes.

She laughed, giving him a bittersweet look, "Within a week of me being at SHIELD thirty agents I never even met before attacked me or tried to kill me. The ended up dead or fired."

~~~

Seven days. Seven days since Natasha had saved her from the KGB, Clint-and his wife- had adopted her, and since Nick had made her part of SHIELD. Five agents had attacked her, none had managed to hurt her but they all spent several hours in the Med-Bay. She walked down the corridor, in standard SHIELD uniform as she wasn't given her own catsuit yet, and Nick wanted her for her first solo mission. She was only a few corridors away when an agent stopped her, "Excuse me, miss, but you shouldn't be here." 

She felt a large number of agents nearing her, in a pathetic attempt to be stealthy. She gave the agent a fed up look, "What makes you think you have any right to decide what I deserve?" 

The agent sneered at her, "You are a worthless, disgusting excuse of human being. You do not deserve to be an agent of SHIELD!" She felt someone sneaking up behind her and moved out the way. She watched as her attacker tried to stop herself, and ended up stabbing her assumed ally in the stomach. All hell broke loose. She dodged seven bullets, all landing in her attackers coming from the other side. She swept someones feet out from under them, knocking them into some of their allies. Usually the process of bending enemies to her will was easier, because she had time to research everything about them and their allies. An advantage she no longer had. She side stepped a knife and sent them flying over her shoulder, narrowly missing another bullet. Mor punched one of them square on the nose, before back kicking some guy's crotch. Too many enemies, not enough space. 

A voice called out from behind them, "What in the devils name is going on here?" Everyone stopped, turning to look at their boss: Nicolas J Fury. 

One of the agents faked an innocent expression, "Your latest exception of criminal behavior just tried to kill all of us."

Fury raised an eyebrow at him, "Really? It looked like you were attacking a fellow agent of yours, and got others killed in your own stupidity." He walked through the crowd, the agents making way for him. He stopped in front of Mor, "You good, kid?" She nodded. He turned to the crowd, "Anyone who is still alive is fired. I'll have Agents Coulson and Hill escort you out." Some of the agents tried to run, but the two mentioned agents appeared on either side of the corridor- blocking their exits.

~~~

Steve leant towards her, "Surely they don't hate you enough to attack you!"

She gave him a wry grin, "Steve. You were the first ever person, who came from a different background than me, that hasn't looked at me differently because of who I was. Hell you read my file before you met me and acted as if I was as good as any other agent." 

He smiled at her, curiosity sparkling in his mostly blue eyes, "Who was your first ever friend, Mor?"   

She smiled at the memory of Bucky, "A master assassin. Well, the real him anyways. He was brainwashed into it and wasn't himself most of the time. When he was, though, we were friends." You were friends with the real him, too. I just wish I could tell you.