20

I wake up to the sound of small snores, fluttering my eyes open and taking in my surroundings I see that I'm in my room. I turn my head to the right slightly to see Joaquin laying on his arm, his hair falling in front of his face. His long eyelashes resting on his cheek.

"You're so beautiful it hurts." I whisper to myself, admiring his natural beauty. I decide that I should get up because my stomach is begging for some mac n' cheese.

I enter the kitchen, grabbing mac n' cheese from the pantry, taking off the lid. I pour hot water into the cup. I set the microwave for one minute, closing the door and waiting for my yummy snack.

As I'm waiting for my food to be ready, I decided to daze off and focus my eyes on my food, damn I love food.

"Boo!" A voice said in my ear.

I clench my fist, swinging at whoever was behind me. My fist collided with their face, leaving my knuckles swollen.
I look up to see Joaquin holding his now red cheek. Well heck.

"Joaquin why did you do that, I'm so sorry but you kinda deserved that." I say trying my hardest not to laugh but completely failing.

"Yeah yeah very funny, who knew smalls could throw a hell of a punch." He says smirking at me basically asking me to challenge him.

I roll my eyes, clearly not caring about his challenge. "How was your sleep?" I ask while hearing the beeping of the microwave. A smile coming to my face.

"Very good I had the best dream about you being tied to the bed with a collar on an-" I cut him off before he can finish that sentence.

Blush found its way to my cheeks, "Shush, I don't need to hear about that. I just asked how your sleep was." I say filling my mouth with a spoonful of delight. I moan softly at the delicious taste bursting in my mouth.

I open my eyes, pulling the spoon out of my mouth. Right in front of me is a very wide-eyed Joaquin breathing rapidly and clenching his fists.

"Uh..are you okay Joaquin?" I say sitting back on the counter.

He pinches the bridge of his nose, closing his eyes and mumbling something under his breath.

"Yeah, I'm great." He says walking over to the fridge to grab a drink I'm guessing.

I furrow my eyebrows, he didn't seem fine. Before I question further I push it aside remembering that my mom should be coming over soon.

"Heck. Frick. Shoot. Poop." I say running a hand through my hair and letting panic settle in.

"Uh are you okay?" Joaquin asks watching me pace around the room.

"No I'm not dum dum bubblegum." I say facing towards him.

"What's wrong?" He asks running a hand through his hair.

"My mom is coming anytime soon a-"

"I'm home Isabella!" Her voice echoes through the house.

I close my eyes in frustration, mumbling a quiet 'darnit'

"Hey mom, how was work?" I say walking towards her.

"Same old routine, who is this?" She asks inspecting Joaquin.

"Mom, you remember Joaquin right, we used to have play dates." I say ushering him to her.

Her eyes widen, "Oh my gosh, you grew up so much, and look how handsome you've become!" She says squishing his cheeks.

"Thank you Mrs. García." He says standing there awkwardly while my mother smothers him.

"Okay mom, you need to stop. I need to ask you something." I say fiddling with my fingers.

"Sure what do you need?" She says going to the kitchen.

"Well, Joaquin got kicked out of his house for a bit, and I offered him to stay here for a couple of weeks."

"Sure, I don't mind, just make sure to use protection." My mom says like she didn't just assume we would be having sex.

"MOTHER!" I say hiding my face from the laughing boy in front of me.

"Will do Mrs.Garcia." He says smirking at me.

I smack his arm as hard as I could, which probably felt like a tap of a finger to him.

"Ouch." He says rubbing his arm, badly pretending to be hurt.

I give him a 'shut up before I tackle you and use my black belt on you' look.

He chuckles, going back upstairs and heading to my room I'm guessing.

"Well, I'm gonna be in my room, talk to you later mom!" I say while running up the stairs.

I heard a faint 'ok' in the background, thank god she didn't freak.