twenty-seven: apologies and confessions pt. 2

Taehyung bounced his knee, fiddling with anything he could get in his hand. The flight had been tiring, and when they arrived at the hotel late at night, Taehyung thought he'd be out the second he made contact with the bed. That certainly wasn't the case. He'd been up all night just thinking if he'd even get to talk with Jeongguk. Jimin had stayed up nearly the entire time with him, texting him words of encouragement and helping him organize his thoughts. Now, Taehyung was also a nervous wreck in the car ride.

Mr. Kim placed a hand over his son's fidgeting fingers. Taehyung stopped and looked at him. His father smiled. "If this boy really likes you, he'll listen. Don't worry, okay?"

Taehyung nodded. He bit his lip as he saw they were approaching their destination. Soon, the car stopped in front of a large and luxurious building.

"Call me and I'll send a car. You'll be alright?" his father asked as Taehyung slowly unbuckled his belt and got out. The boy nodded, doing his best to collect himself as he forget literally everything he wanted to say to Jeongguk. Mr. Kim smiled and raised his fist, "Fighting!"

Taehyung smiled back and nodded once again, copying with his fist. "Good luck at your meeting too." With that, Taehyung shut the door close and watched the car drive off. He breathed out, shaking his hands lightly then rubbed them together. Although all the snow had melted away, the weather was still very cold.

He turned to face the building, then began walking towards it. He opened the first glass door, only to be met by another, but this one held a keypad with both letters and numbers. Taehyung cursed to himself, he really hadn't thought this through. Before he convinced himself this was all a big idea, he pulled out his phone and sent a text to Somi who gave him the address.

A few minutes passed and Taehyung was still staring at the open chat, waiting for a response. He heard faint footsteps in the distance and looked up, only to see the boy he's been looking for. Taehyung saw him first, but when their eyes met, Jeongguk froze shocked. The younger stopped in his tracks and looked back as if he wanted to just turn back, but then raised his mask from his chin and continued walking towards the doors.

This was Taehyung's chance. As Jeongguk opened the door, the older began talking. "Jeongguk–" Before he could even say another word, Jeongguk continued to the next door leaving the building. The other, still a little dazed, followed right after him calling out his name. Seeing he was being ignored, Taehyung grabbed Jeongguk's wrist as he was about to open the door to his taxi.

Jeongguk turned his head harshly. Through gritted teeth, he said, "I'm not afraid to call security. Stay the fuck away from me." Taehyung let go immediately. His tone was just so frightening, every single word felt like a sharp dagger.

"I-I," he stuttered, but Jeongguk wasn't standing around to listen. He quickly got inside the car and requested the driver to start. Taehyung watched him drive off with a frown. He was expecting Jeongguk to be angry with him, but he thought he'd at least be able to talk with him. He sighed, contemplating wether he should leave or not. "No Taehyung, the day has only started. You're not leaving without telling him the truth you idiot!" he thought to himself.

With that in mind, Taehyung took a look around and found there to be a café right beside the building with a couple tables set out at front. Of course no was sitting there as the weather was so cold. He went into the store, got himself a hot drink and sat on the table outside closest to Jeongguk's building.

A couple hours passed but the car Jeongguk had gone in finally returned in front of the building. Taehyung rose from his seat immediately and ran over to the boy getting out of the car. Jeongguk headed in, ignoring Taehyung running over to him. Before Taehyung could reach the boy, the glass doors shut behind him. He could only watch as the younger headed over to the elevators and disappear. Taehyung turned around and saw the car still being there. He assumed it was a taxi before but it might actually be his personal driver.