nineteen: run away

"Are you sure, Somi?" Hana questioned. The two girls were currently sitting cross legged on her bed discussing Project Taegguk. Hana still couldn't believe it was her brother. She's always thought he was a straight as ruler, but a lot of rulers can bend after all.

"Every time I mention a guy, he never cares, but the time I mentioned, V, he freaked. He also hates girls, I even said you liked him an–."

"You bitch!" Hana cut in, slapping her friends arm. "I don't like your brother! I have a boyfriend. Why'd you tell him that?"

"If you didn't know, you're a fucking goddess. Good looks must run in the family, jeez. Who in their right mind would reject you?"

Hana rolled her eyes. "And the only possible explanation is that's he's into males?"

The girl began vigorously shaking her head. "No Hana! I mean, yes, but I have more solid support. I saw it! With my own two eyes! They kissed! I know! For sure! Sure it was a through a very small peep hole, but I'm sure!"

"You're sure you're not just delusional?"

Before Somi could begin to present a whole essay, they heard footsteps followed by Mr. Jeon's loud voice telling Jeongguk that they needed to have the discussion from before. Somi quickly indicated Hana to come out of the room quietly. The two girls watched Jeongguk ignore his dad and his yells as he walked up the stairs. Somi was a little surprised, he's never disobeyed their father before.

"Hey, Gguk..." Somi called out when he reached the top, but when he gave her a sharp glare, her voice went quiet. "Where's Taehyung?"

Jeongguk shook his head and sneered. He looked his sister dead in the eye, before turning and proceeded to walk into his room and slammed the door as loud as he possible could. Somi was shocked. Never had he ever been this disrespectful or angry. His look wasn't annoyed or playful in the sense that he was just ignoring the girl for fun, he was serious and that made chills run down the two.

His attitude made Somi mad in return. "That fucker," she said, rolling up her sleeves ready to walk over to his room and give him a piece of her mind, but was stopped by Hana. "Something must've happened with Tae, maybe a fight. Leave him alone for now."

Somi sighed out loudly, trying to cool herself down. Then suddenly, they heard the loud crash. Jeongguk was breaking things. It hadn't happened in a while. It only ever happens when he is upset with himself or his dad. They heard yelling proceed right after it, loud and long screams. Mr. Jeon could just sigh and ignore it, but Somi definitely couldn't. She wanted to so badly stop him and ask him what was wrong, but she knew better. Jeongguk was the kind of person who can only be cooled off when his mind was blank. Breaking things were his method of doing so whenever it got too wild and out of hand.

Jeongguk was in the middle of pulling at his hair when he got a call. When he fished it out to see Taehyung's number, his anger only got heavier. The red-head threw the phone at his wall with all his strength. Not only did he probably have a cracked phone now, he also had a huge dent in his wall. It was all driving Jeongguk crazy, so crazy he wanted to make himself believe it was because he has gone crazy. Don't all crazy people break things? He wishes to be admitted into whatever hospital and receive the treatment for him to stop going insane.

When those few words left Taehyung's mouth at the campfire earlier, it felt like he had finally woken up from something in between a dream and a nightmare, only to realize it was reality. A reality Jeongguk so desperately needed to change. A man liking another man is not new, but it's not very accepted either. Jeongguk can just come to terms with the possibility of him being gay.