twelve: meet the friends

The glass noddles along with a few side dishes came out of the kitchen, all beautifully done. The two boys looked at it in awe and quickly began digging in.

"Your treat right?" Taehyung spoke through a mouth full of food.

Jeongguk scoffed. "You said it was your treat!"

"I never said that!"

"You're the one that even suggested glass noodles!"

"You're the one that brought us here!"

After much more arguing, Taehyung tried to compromise. "Okay, how about we split the bill 50-50?"

"Or, we can have a challenge and loser pays."

"What challenge?"

Jeongguk looked around, seeing if he can spot anything for inspiration. His eyes finally landed on the waitress that was serving them. She was pretty, and seemed around their age, maybe one or two years older.

"Whoever can get her number," Jeongguk paused to point at the girl. "–wins."

Taehyung sighed. He hated those kind of bets or challenges. Playing with ones feelings was never his thing, and he thought it was quite rude.

"How about instead, let's see if you can get her number or not, and if you do, I'll pay," the older suggested instead.

The red-head smirked. "Well that just makes it easier for me."

"Why, Jeon? Didn't think you could pull it off if I was in the run? Think I'm hotter than you?"

"God, you're so full of yourself. Whatever, I'll get her number."

It took a while before the girl came to check on how they were doing with their order.

"It's very delicious, but I'm not completely satisfied," Jeongguk began.

"Oh? Why is that?" the girl, Jisoo read her name tag, asked.

"Because a pretty girl like you should've been sitting in front of me instead of this loser." Taehyung only rolled his eyes, but didn't interrupt. "Maybe next time?"

"Ah, I see!" Jisoo took out her ticket book and pen, and began writing something down.

"Writing your number?" Jeongguk asked, leaning against the table to get closer.

"How'd you know?" Jisoo gasped, sarcasm draining in her voice, although the younger didn't quite catch that. She ripped it off, and just as Jeongguk was about to spread out his fingers out to receive the sheet, Jisoo steers it over to the brunet who had remained silent the entire time.

"Me?" He asked, a little shocked. After receiving a nod of approval, he spared once glance at the confused Jeongguk before taking the slip out of her hand.

"I've got costumers to take care of, if you'll excuse me." Jisoo bowed and proceeded on to welcome in the newly arrived guest.

Taehyung laughed like a obnoxious boy as he read out the content on the paper. "I don't think you're a loser, quite cute. Unfortunately not into high schoolers, but call me, I'll set you up with a pretty girl. P.S. get a new friend!"

The red-head slumped back in his seat. "Whatever."

"You know what that means! You're paying!" the older yelled victoriously. He placed down the ticket, and began eating as much as he can, after all he wasn't paying for it. Jeongguk continued eating as well, seeing he should get his money's worth. Taehyung left the restaurant first, as the younger was a little behind paying for their bill.