ten: pet my ass

Detention had finally ended, but the air was still thick between the two. They walked together to the school entrance. To make the silence less awkward, Jeongguk asked the older if he wanted to join him and the boys for a little roasting party.

"A roasting party? Like, do y'all just roast each other? Your mama jokes?" Taehyung had questioned.

Jeongguk did his best not to slap the boy. "No you idiot, like campfire and shit."

"I know, I know. I was just trying to make you laugh. Gosh, why are you so cold?"

"Whatever," Jeongguk muttered harshly, and began taking the lead to wherever they were going. The walk wasn't long. They had to go through a weird trail before getting into an old rusted railway track. Just a little farther up is where the meeting spot should be. Taehyung has been here before, heck he's the one even found this quiet gem.

"You don't think guys'll be pissed you're bringing me along?" the brunet questioned.

"More than pissed, they'll be fuming, but it's all just pretend. They miss you."

"They miss me?"

"Yeah. Why else do you think I'm bringing you?"

"Hmm, Jeon Jeongguk actually has a heart, huh? And here I thought you were ice cold, seems like there's hope for you after all."

"Do you ever shut up?"

"No, not really."

Jeongguk only rolled his eyes and walked some more. Eventually, they reached the site where the boys were walking around, setting things up.

"Yo," the red-head greeted, catching all their attentions.

Smiles from all of their faces faded as they saw who had joined them. Namsoon scowled. "What's he doing here?"

"Yeah, Jeon, why are you friends with traitors?" Minhae said, lips forming a frown.

"Yah! Jung Minhae! When did you learn to talk?" Taehyung spoke up as he smiled.

Minhae was taken aback by how casual he sounded. He also didn't expect Taehyung to actually approach him.

"Have you gotten taller? How come I've never noticed. Oh my, just a few more years and you'll be as tall as me!"

The boy wasn't quite used to such a bubbly Taehyung. Sure he was a jokester, but never this cheerful.

"Uh, yeah. Over the summer," he answered quietly. The boys watched as Taehyung ruffled the younger's hair.

"You still haven't answered our question," Minki disrupted them.

"Chill guys, I'm just trying to remind him on what he's missing out," Jeongguk cut in.

"Pft. Like he misses this, he's having the time of his life with his new friends. Taehyung, just leave."

Taehyung pouted. "Oh c'mon, I'm the one that even found this place, I have as much rights to be here as y'all!"

"Then we'll just leave."

"Guys," Jeongguk said, although it sounded more like a warning. "Just ignore that he's here."

The boys looked at one another before sighing and continuing on with whatever they were doing before the two had entered into the scene.

"Where's the marshmallows?" the youngest of them all questioned.

"Minki was supposed to bring it."

Minki quickly shook his head. "No I brought it last week. Wasn't it Saejoon?."