-Part Ten

Chapter 10
------------------
What Are You Saying?

I walked into my next class; that being History and sat down.
Third Period

History - Mr. Mccarthy

People in said Class:

Kevin
Betty
Archie
Toni
Dilton
+Others

The teacher already had our assigned seats and sadly, I wasn't next to Toni nor Archie. The two people in this class I trusted.

History was my specialty. For some reason, it was very interesting to me.

I need to stop stressing out about people knowing about Jughead and I. I specifically told him not to say anything about me joining the Serpents in return for some information about my parents. I don't believe he would've told anyone, yet I've only known him for three days and I barely know him. I have no idea what he's like, I just hope he sticks to his side of the deal.

And with all that thinking, History was over. And I didn't pay attention at all.

It was finally lunch time, and I was dreading it. I have been able to avoid Jughead pretty much all day besides Chemistry. Every time I were to glance back at him he would be staring at me, in deep thought; I could tell. And then every time he would zone back in, he would wink at me. Everytime he winked at me, it made my stomach turn. He didn't act like a such a flirtatious asshole around everyone else, so I'm really the one who knows what he's like behind closed doors. I doubt he acts like that around Betty.

I walked out the doors to the outside courtyard to all the students eating lunch. I was met with so many unfamiliar faces and stares. I started to get nervous. Where people suspecting things? Did Jughead tell people? Did they think Jughead and I are having an affair?

"Veronica!" Someone yelled.

It was Fangs. The boy who has been by my side since I've met him. Also someone I ship with a certain Sweet Pea.

I smiled at him and then I walked over. I sat in between Fangs and Sweet Pea.

V: "Hey guys!"

C: "Hey V!"

T: "So, how has your day been so far?"

V: "Slow." I sighed "I just can't wait for this day to be over. I just want to lay in my bed and watch Netflix tonight. I'm just so exhausted. "

SP: "Speaking of tonight guys, we have a serpent meeting tonight."

I froze. I didn't realize that all  of the Serpents would be at the bar I was suppose to work at tonight. I really didn't want them to see me working at the bar, they'd be suspicious.

I was sitting across from Toni and Cheryl and I was just watching them suck their faces. I looked at Sweet Pea, and that back at Fangs and we just rolled or eyes and laughed.

V: "Are you guys ever going to separate for some air?" I giggled

They just smirked with their lips still locked and continued. There was no use in continuing this conversation.

I looked back up from laughing and saw Jughead walking over. Shit. Shit. Shit. I immediately started playing with my fingers and nails to distract myself.

J: "Hey guys. Veronica."

I looked up and smiled at him, and then looked back down.

F: "We have a Serpent meeting tonight?"

J: "Yep. It was a last minute thing, a plan to take down the Ghoulie's."

V: "The 'Ghoulie's'?" I asked confused 

SP: "Yeah, Ron. The Ghoulie's are worst than the Serpents. They do more illegal things, including killing people."

V: "Woah, ok. And how has no one taken them down or arrested them yet?"

J: "Ronnie, a word?"

I nodded, got up, and followed him. We walked all the way to the Blue and Gold walking next to each other, silent. He opened the door and then locked it behind us. "Veronica, I really don't want to tell you this...."

V: "What are you saying Jughead?"

J: "I'm saying that we need your help..."

V: "Help with what..?"

J: "I will tell you the plan later, but for right now, just try and get on your parents good side."

V: "Jughead, how am I supposed to do that when I'm your prisoner?"

J: "Yeah, about that, we're gonna let you stay at your house for a week until we can get this plan in motion."

V: "Even tho I've only known you for a short amount of time, you, Jughead Jones, are going to be the death of me."

That being said, I walked away from him and back to the Serpents lunch table and sat down. Little did I know everything would go to hell from there.

————————
Authors Note!!!

I'm sorry this so short ugh. I'll write more next time.   :)

Word Count: 802