-Part Six

Chapter 6
——————-
Just Trust Me

Veronica's POV

I could tell that the moment I suggested that he went into deep thought. We've only known each other for a day. This is the worst first day ever.

J: "How do I know I can trust you?"

V: "Jughead, please. I hate the things they're doing to other people. But, the only way I'll go threw with this deal, if you are willing to take it, you have to let me join the serpents."

J: "Ok, ok. Fine. But, you'll have to work a shift at the Wyrm."

V: "Wait, really?"

He didn't answer me after that. He just ignored me and untied my hands and feet. I rubbed my wrists because of the marks and rope burn and smiled at him. This was gonna be a good plan.

J: "Ok, lets go then."

He snaked his hand around my waist and smirked at me. Why is he doing this? He's dating Betty. But should I tell her when I get to school? Ugh, this is all so complicated.

I walked with him up the stairs to what looked like a bar with a bunch of older men and a few teenagers in the corner. Everyone's eyes turned towards us and I started to get a little nervous. Why was everyone looking? Was it because he was Serpent King? He pulled me over to the corner with teenagers. I already knew the two girls, Cheryl and Toni, but not the boys there.

J: "Guys, this is Veronica Lodge. This is the girl we'll be keeping for a little while to take down her parents.

C: "Hey Ronnie! We met in school, remember?"

V: "Yep!" I forced a smile

T: "Nice to see you again, V!"

V: "You too, Topaz!"

SP: "Anyways, I'm Sweet Pea and this is Fangs."

F: "Nice to meet you, Veronica."

V: "Nice names boys. Nice to meet you too."

J: "Alright well I have to go do an announcement to the Serpents. And, Veronica?"

V: "Yes, Jughead?"

J: "I'm going to call you up on stage. But until then, stay but with them. Ok?"

V: "Got it."

Surprisingly enough, the Serpent teens and I got along pretty nicely, until the time came when I had to walk up on stage...

J: "Attention Serpents! We finally have a plan to take down Hermione and Hiram Lodge."

I heard some cheers, shouts, and hollars. Some people even asked how, and I knew that was when he was going to announce my name. That got me a little nervous. What if they thought I was going to betray them?

J: "We will get tremendous help from their own daughter, Veronica Lodge."

Jughead put out his arm signaling me to come up onto the stage, which I did. People were staring and even cheering. When I got up to the stage and stood next to him, he once again, snakes his arm around my waist. I look up at him and smile. I couldn't help it.

He finished announcing everything and we walked off stage together back to the teen Serpents.

F: "Jughead, I thought you're dating Betty?"

J: "I am Fangs, and I'm also planning on making her my Serpent Queen."

C: "Please, Jughead. Don't make Betty Serpent Queen. She hasn't done anything for us."

J: "Calm down, I get to make the rules here. And if I'm dating her, I will make her my Queen whether you like it or not. Anyways, me and Ronnie here have to go. I'll see you guys later tonight."

I was really nervous for the whole plan. The Serpents are gang who do criminal like things. Am I seriously going to get myself involved in this?

J: "Ready Princess?"

I nodded. I hated and loved when he called me Princess at the same time. I knew it was a way to manipulate me.

V: "Hey Jug?"

J: "Yeah?"

V: "What is this place?"

J: "It's called the Whyte Wyrm. It's a bar on the SouthSide where all the Serpents hang out."

V: "Oh. Can we go to my house so I can get some stuff?"

J: "Sure Ron. Are you ok with riding a motercycle?"

V: "Only if you go slow."

J: "Actually, Princess, it's more dangerous if we go slow. Just trust me."

I rolled my eyes at his response and followed him to his motorcycle.

J: "Here, have my jacket."

He slipped his jacket on me. The jacket was comfortable and made me warmer. I smiled at the thought of it on me. He handed me his helmet and sat on his bike. He then grabbed my hand so it was easier for me to get on. He was being so nice now.... what is up with him?

We drove to my house and I walked up the steps. He tries to come in but I told him that he should wait outside. I knew my mom would be mad at me for not coming home last night, but I'm just going to tell her I was doing Serpent stuff. Which I was, and she was encouraging me to do anyways.

I jiggled my keys in the door and opened it. When I walked in I was met with my mom and dad drinking wine while playing chess.

HL= Hiram Lodge
HG= Hermione Gomez
HG is to just make it easier ‍‍:/

HG: "Where the hell have you been?"

V: "I slept over an old friends house, that's all." I lied

HG: "What old friend?"

I knew I had to tell her the truth, so I shut the door fully and locked it so Jughead wouldn't come in, nor hear our conversation. "Remember when you guys kept asking me to join the serpents?" They nodded "Well, Jughead Jones is letting me if I work a shift at their bar a couple minutes from here.... So I won't be back tonight. But, I have our plan in motion, ok?" They nodded again and I went to my room to collect my clothes and other hygiene items. I kissed them both on the cheek and walked out, locking the door again.

J: "Ready Princess?"

———————
Authors Note!!!

hiii so im super upset about varchie being officially over :(

word count: 1044