-Part One

Chapter One

——————-

New Start

———————

Plot: Junior year - First Day Of School

It was the first day of Junior Year for all of the students attending Riverdale High. It was a normal first day of school for the most of them. Besides Veronica Lodge being new to the school. They would have no idea what was to come next.

Archie's POV-

"Dad I'm ready!" I yelled from the top of the stairs. It was the first day of school and I was already running late. I had thrown in a piece of toast in the toaster oven and ran out the door after saying goodbye to my dad, I went to the door of the blonde haired girl.

I knocked on the door waiting for someone to answer. During the summer, Betty had told me she had feelings for me. I didn't know how to feel about it, so I told her I would think about it. I know it would be hard for her seeing me after I rejected her, so what, but I don't think I like her like that. I've always just seen her as a friend, a sister even. Before I could get to caught in my mind I was interrupted by a girl with a blonde ponytail. "Archie? Hello? Earth to Archie?" she looked at me confused, while almost laughing.

"Oh, yeah hey."

"What are you thinking about, Arch?"

"Nothing. Can we just walk to school?" I felt embarrassed. Did she forget what happened this summer? We walked into the school and I said goodbye to Betty and walked to the main office. I usually do tours for the school for the new students and I had to do one today. Which was usual since a lot of kids transfer over the summer.

Veronica's POV

It was my first day of school and I was super nervous. My mom and I had a decent sized apartment on the SouthSide of Riverdale. Even tho I was living on the SouthSide I was still going to attend Riverdale High which was weird, but what am I going to do about it? My mom told me about the SouthSide Serpent gang that she was in as a kid and told me I should join too. While that was sitting in the back of my mind, I had to start getting ready for school. I slipped on a black blouse, velvet purple skirt, and my Louis Vuitton heels. I slipped on my pearls on my neck and wrist. My dad had gave them to me when he did something wrong. I'm not sure why I still wear them, he is a monster. But, it's a part of my aesthetic. I gave one last look into my mirror and walked out of my room.

My mom was waiting for me at the table. She looked like she wanted to tell me something.... I just ignored it and got some orange juice, and sat down. I didn't make eye contact with her until she spoke... "Veronica, have you thought about joining the serpents?"