Chapter 31

I pushed Cameron away. What the fuck? We just met. What am I thinking? "Cameron, I'm sorry. It's just-"
"No don't worry about it. I understand. It's okay," he said, true kindness laced in his voice. I smiled. I don't love this kid, I don't even like this kid. I know who I love. But I can't be with him.. not now at least.
"Hey," Brenda said as she slowly pushed the door open, "We gotta head out." I gave Cameron a kind smile as I sat up. It felt like I hadn't moved in forever but that was just the exhaustion I felt. Time for more exhaustion.

~Time Skip~
Brenda, Jorge, and I walked down the streets in the town. We passed out little syringes filled with serum. The town was kind of pretty for one of the last ones left on earth. The people tried their best to decorate with faded, yet still colorful, blankets and fabrics. People had small shops set up. Some trading with food, and some trading for food. It made my heart ache that these people couldn't come to the safe haven, but a lot of them didn't want to. They had grown comfortable to where they are. They wouldn't want to leave it for the city, if the city was still standing. We stopped by a street corner. We traded them my blood for food and water. Fair trade to me, but to them, they had made a fortune. I mean, to them my blood is worth a life, but for the most part I gave it away for free. I could feel myself getting weaker, though. Donating all of this blood in such a small amount of time definitely wasn't healthy. On top of everything, I'm getting extremely homesick... and Newtsick. I miss him. I really wonder what he's up to now...

[Thomas's POV]

"What the hell is he doing to himself?" Mihno said, obviously talking about Newt. "I don't know, man. Ever since (Y/N) left, he's been trying on every girl in an attempt to forget her," Gally pitched in. I turned my gaze to Newt. He had three or four girls all over him, flirting with him. He was flirting back of course. If (Y/N) saw this she'd be as heartbroken as he was when she left, but I guess in a way it's kind of what she deserves. But this isn't healthy for him, he's not happy. We need (Y/N) to come back, but how would we get her? We don't even know where she is. There has got to be some way to find them. "I think we need to find (Y/N) and get her back for Newt. The problem is... I don't know how," I spoke up, suddenly catching my friends' attentions. "Well.. we could do the same thing we did with Newt. Do you think that would work?" Mihno suggested, but Aris shook his head in response. "No, that would take too long. She has a berg they're traveling from place to place in. With Newt, you knew the approximate location of where he was. She didn't even give us a clue as to where she was going," he said. Gally seemed awful quiet. He just stared at the ground, deep in thought. "Gally?" I tried to call his attention, but his thoughts were obviously too loud for him to hear me. "BUDDY," Mihno snapped his fingers in front of Gally's face. His head shot up and he glanced around. "Hm? Yeah?" he asked. "We're discussing on how we'll get (Y/N) back here," I dragged out my words as if he was a toddler or someone who spoke a different language. "Yeah.. yeah.... right......" he trailed off again. The other guys and I exchanged glances. "Gally, what's going on with you?" Mihno finally asked. "I know how to find her," Gally blurted out, then didn't say anything afterwards as if he had never spoken at all. We waited for him to speak, but he was still silent, swallowed back into his own thoughts. "So... you gonna tell us how?" I asked. He shook his head. "She made me promise not to tell anyone else on this island. She doesn't trust the people here," he said, letting out a deep sigh. "Okay ouch, but, we're her friends too," Mihno said. "I didn't say you weren't. She just didn't want anyone else to know I guess. She just knows I'm the least likely to turn against her in any way," Gally said as if he's all high and mighty for keeping on little secret. "If you don't tell us, I will personally kick your ass. So cut the shit, Gally," Minho snapped at him. It was a little hard to hold in the laugh I had, but then I remembered how frustrated I am with Gally right now and my laughter disappeared. "Okay, fine, I'll tell you."

A/N
Heyyyy sorry for being a shitty author and not updating but I'm lazy afff also sorry if this chapter seems a lil short oh and +++ I appreciate the comments y'all leave on my story they really motivate me to update more okay bye love you guys