Chapter 21

Your POV

I opened the door and saw the newest greenie. "You left when I was in the box, I didn't get to tell you my name," he said and I facepalmed. "I'm so sorry," I laughed awkwardly, "what's your name?" He smiled at me and held out his hand for me to shake. "I'm Ossian," he said. "Nice name," I chuckled. It was unique.

(Just so you know what Ossian looks like)

"I'm sorry everyone upset you, even your own boyfriend," he shook his head as he looked over at the others in disappointment. I shrugged. "I wouldn't call him my boyfriend technically," I said and he raised an eyebrow. "Well he's obviously someone to you. I've seen the way you look at him," he said with a smile and I laughed, looking down. "Yeah I guess he does mean something special to me," I said and bit my lip. "I honestly didn't doubt you, but I know nothing about you or these people. You seem to have hope to get us out of this so, consider me your ally," he said with a grin on his face. "Why thank you," I said, pleased that someone was being so kind in a time like this. "Oh and I am so down to watch you kill that bitch who put us in here again," he said in a low voice, making me grin. "Don't worry, that bitch is going down."

Time Skip
I woke up the next morning, not wanting to actually get up. But I knew if I didn't do anything, one of these guys was bound to give me hell about it. I groaned loudly as I sat up and stretched. Getting out of bed, I threw on another outfit for the day and walked out into the fresh air. Mihno was the first to jog up to me. "You're missing breakfast, sleepyhead," he turned his back to me, "jump on." I laughed and jumped on his back. He piggybacked me to our table with Gally and Ossian. Still, no one else said anything to me.

Newt's POV
I glared at Mihno as he ran to get (Y/N). She's my girl and he better watch it. My blood boiled inside me as I saw her on his back laughing and smiling. "You alright man? You look like someone stole your bacon," Thomas joked from beside me. "Shut up, Tommy," I mumbled as I shoveled more food into my mouth, still keeping my eyes on (Y/N) aND Mihno. This is my fault anyways. I was such a bloody bastard. It's no wonder she's found comfort in him. I don't trust this Ossian guy around her either. He was never in the maze with us so how will I know his intentions? Look at him, laughing and smiling while talking to my (Y/N). He's probably flirting with her right now.

Your POV
"I can feel the heat from Newt's eyes burning into the back of my head right now," Ossian said, earning laughter from us all. "Well if he was going to get this jealous when you hung out with us instead of him, he shouldn't have been such a dick," Gally added and I nodded, taking a scoop of eggs and savoring them. "I think the more we make (Y/N) laugh, the more his blood will boil," Mihno said. "Maybe he deserves it," I joked, causing the others to laugh. "Oh he definitely deserves it," Gally said, the glanced back at Newt's table. "Look at how pissed he is," he said once he turned back to us. We all glanced at him then back at each other and started laughing together. Was it wrong to laugh at his jealousy? Maybe. But it was also wrong of him to assume I'd lie about a terrifying encounter with a griever. I brushed the thought away and focused on the amazing people sitting in front of me. We talked the entire breakfast, laughing and joking, before we had to separate to do different jobs. I currently wasn't allowed in the maze, so I had to work with Gally repairing stuff. As I was walking to where Gally had already been preparing to build things, I felt someone grab my wrist.
I whipped around to face whoever grabbed me, only to see it was Newt. Without a word, he led me to the forest. He stopped by a tree and let go of me. "I don't want you hanging around Ossian," he said, making me laugh until I noticed the serious look on his face. "Are you seriously telling me who I can and can't be friends with?" I asked with a hint of sass in my voice. "Yeah ok 'friends'," he said, using his fingers to air quote "friends". I scoffed at his actions. "What does it matter to you anyway you're not my boyfriend," I said angrily as I turned and walked away. "Good to know!" was the last thing I heard him yell before I ran to where Gally was waiting.
"There you are," Gally said, slightly aggravated, "where have you been?" I picked up an ax and started hacking at the tree he had already been working on. "Got caught in traffic?" I joking, making him laugh and shake his head. No, I wasn't happy, but at least I could smile and make my friends happy.