Chapter 16

Your POV
I began to wake up slowly, but everything was blurry. I saw Teresa standing with someone in a WCKD suit. By looking around I could see we were in a.. berg? What the hell is she up to? Then my body started feeling limp again, and I passed out.

Later
Next time I woke up I was in what looked like a lab, then again my vision was very blurry. I tried to focus my eyes more as I turned my head to the right. I could see Thomas's figure on another lab table a few feet away. He was still sound asleep. My eyes finally focused as I fully woke up. "She's out of it," I heard a deep voice say. "Get me another syringe," I heard Teresa demand. I closed my eyes as I heard her come closer. It wouldn't do me much good since she already knew I was awake, but it might buy me a distraction. I felt her presence beside me. I used that chance to punch her in the stomach. She grunted in pain and pushed me back. I started punching and kicking her before I felt someone grab me and stick a needle in my shoulder. The last thing I saw was Teresa's glare as she wiped away the blood for her nose with a cloth.

More dreaded time in darkness passes by
I woke up to something brushing my wrists and ankles. Grass. Did Teresa just drop me off somewhere in the hills? I looked at my outfit and noticed it was changed.

 Did Teresa just drop me off somewhere in the hills? I looked at my outfit and noticed it was changed

That's when I looked up and noticed my surroundings. Trees. Grass. Huts. Four huge walls surrounding me. I felt like I was suffocating, like the walls were closing in on me. This has to be a dream. But it's not. I stood up slowly and looked around in panic. I noticed Thomas laying a couple feet away from me and ran to him. I checked his pulse first, he was okay. Then I noticed Newt. I ran to him and cupped his face. His breathing was steady along with his pulse. It looks as though I'm the only one awake as of right now. Newt's hand had a note held gently in it. I unfolded the small note and began reading:

(Y/N),
I knew you'd find Newt so I put the note in his hand. I need to know what makes you and Thomas different from cranks and other immunes. That's why I've sent you, Thomas, Newt, and Mihno into the maze. It's the same maze they went through, except we've made modifications and made it far more dangerous and harder to solve. We didn't still have the technology to erase your memories, so please don't hate me though you remember me. I'm sorry for coming to this conclusion, but it's all I knew to do. I have to know what makes you both different. I might be able to find a cure for this virus.
Sincerely,
Teresa

I crumbled the note and threw it in frustration. I told Thomas this bitch couldn't be trusted. Look where all of this has gotten me. That girl really thinks she'll be able to find a cure by sending us into a death trap? I was brought out of my thoughts by a scream. I ran to where Mihno was freaking out and tried to calm him down. "This has to be a dream, this has to be a dream" he kept chanting that to himself over and over. "Mihno, calm down!" I yelled at him and he shut up. Tears ran down his face as he looked at me slowly. I embraced him in a hug and rubbed his back. "I'm so sorry... Teresa did this," I said and he began sobbing. I didn't realize how much of an emotional toll this place took on the guys. "She has stabbed us in the back so many times. I want her dead," Mihno said once pulling himself together. "I'll make sure we get out of here, and I'll kill her myself," I reassured him and he nodded. I heard footsteps and looked over to Thomas. He looked terrified and sad. "There's a note I crumbled up and threw somewhere. You guys can read it... it's from Teresa," I said and looked at Thomas who's face showed a mixture of emotions. Sadness, shock, fear, and anger.