All The Wrong Words

"If I asked you to stay, if I told you I missed you, or how I dream of you kissing me, and hear your voice calling my name only to see you're not there

"If I asked you to stay, if I told you I missed you, or how I dream of you kissing me, and hear your voice calling my name only to see you're not there. What would it matter when you're with her?" I asked and before I blinked he wrapped his body around me pressing me against the dryer into a deep kiss. Holding on to him in my scared tiptoes there was no hesitation on either part like every word grew meaningless. I was back in the magic of a snow globe with Adam in his warm arms.

"It matters. You're the only thing that matters," he said out of breath then kissed me again lifting me up then took me to the sofa. He laid down and I went along molding myself to him with my leg still wrapped around him. He pulled the sofa's blanket on top of us and I made myself comfortable underneath his chin hugging him.

"Im not leaving tonight." He stated.

"Okay," I agreed and he looked down at me surprised and maybe I was fooling myself to miss him more when he left me but more time with him was on the table and I could take it or leave it. But if I made him leave I would only be missing him tonight and dreaming of him being right here with me.

"What?" I asked him since he wouldn't stop staring.

"Is this real?" He asked seriously wanting a definite answer from me.

I lifted myself up to look in his eyes. He was watching, waiting for me so I ran my hands through his hair. Then I came down to him, kissing him slowly. He held on to me letting me do it my way and then I snuggled my face against his.

"It's real." I whispered.

*

Adam and I fell asleep together on the sofa. The next morning I woke up to Abby shuffling by her bed. It was early so I gave her some food before taking her out for her morning walk. I dragged myself to the bathroom to get ready for the day. Adam had gotten up as well, he was looking out the window.

"Is it bad?" I asked him.

"Yeah, really bad," he said and I went over to see it.

"Liar," I jokingly smacked him because the snow had all melted. But he took me into his arms and kissed me.

"Alright I'm going now." He said.

"Okay. Just careful on the way out. I'm sure my house sitting wasn't supposed to include you sleeping over."

"Two people taking care of a house is better than one."

"Funny, except we're still in Huntswood."

"One day we might not be."