Always Want What You Can't Have

"Clear the table! You know what time it is! What time is it?" She yelled to the group

"Truth or dare!!!"

The voices roared stomping on the floor with their foots, banging across surfaces, raising their crystal glasses and shaking the ground.

The people gathered around Jenna who spun the glass bottle. Unfortunately I was in the circle. And at any moment of this night that expensive looking champagne bottle would point to me.

"Truth or Dare Jenna?" A boy asked her.

"I Dare You!" Jenna leaned in taunting the boy while also making me take a seat next to her.

"Okay Jenna we dare you to order a male police officer stripper for the party," the boy told her. "And tell them it was Roy's stepdad's new wife who ordered it. What's her name Roy?"

"Oh um Shirley!" Roy said from the back.

"Give me the phone boys. Let's make this wedding interesting for the respectable seniors." She asked and they gave it to her.

"Wait you're not really going to do it?" I stopped Jenna from dialing.

"Why not?"

"They'll know it was us and we'll get in trouble." I whispered to her.

"Trouble? Us?" She chuckled at my question and so did everyone else. "Oh Emily, you're so cute. Now I have a phone call to make."

If something went wrong at this wedding for my mom she would freak out. I had to stop this from happening. So I tried to get up but Jenna sat me down.

"Oh no, you're not leaving just yet. Only after your turn," she sat me down and I gulped not knowing whether to hope my turn came or not. 

Everybody cheered for Jenna as she made the phone call. Nobody even thought to chastise her for it. Nobody was keeping score. This was a lawless land of students which I was sure weren't all in high school.

"I'll pay double the rate if you get here in 20 minutes... Perfect. Oh and my name is Shirley. Make sure to look for me at the party. Thank you. You're such a doll. Have a great night." Jenna finished the call.

"Alright lets see who's next!" Jenna said.

What type of dare would they ask me to do if the bottle landed on me? With every turn it missed me I sighed in relief. And as I looked at the faces of the young people there I was starting to get an inkling the crowd wasn't high school aged. 

"Jenna are we the only high school girls here?" I asked her in a low tone.

"Do we look like Rachel and her posse?" She asked me telling me what I needed to know. "Oh look it's your turn! Truth or Dare?" She asked animatedly.

"Truth," I picked.

"Who is the person you'd willingly kiss in this room?" The boy who landed on to dare me asked.