Ruby - 21

Jason was quick to cut the straps and free us. "Get out of here man" I said while he did. "There is no way I'm leaving you" he said, his voice hectic, the panic rising to the surface. "Don't be a hero! I just hope I have a shot with the mate bond and all, if not... there is no way you would. So get away!" he didn't look convinced. "I need someone to be here when she shifts back" I said, looking in his eyes ever so briefly.
"Take the backpack, there is some stuff in there she likes" I said, pushing in into his chest with urgency.
Snarling and growling made me turn and come face to face with her. I was frozen in shock. The wolf in front of me was twice my height, blood red fur glowing in the sunlight. She was snarling, displaying a set of teeth that would kill me instantly. Her red eyes though not entirely new to me, had locked onto me with determination to kill. Well Rumulus, I just jumped out a plane, so you better man up! I'm leaving this to you!

Shifting was quick, making me gain a few more inches, but I still had to look up to her. Fifty feet was all that separated us. With her size that were only a few leaps and I would be dead. She took a fighting stance facing Rumulus. I cannot reach her mind, she is blocking me. Even Rumulus sounded scared. Smelling his mate did nothing to him this time, the fear was covering every romantic feeling he could have had for her.
Seeing her made him take a fighting stance too, adrenaline and Alpha-instincts kicking in. I don't think challenging her is the best idea... Yeah no kidding... he retorted, but I felt he couldn't help it. His body was forcing him to react to the threat. I tried to help reach her mind, but a huge wall was blocking me. It felt like trying to run into a burning building, the heat alone was keeping me out before even reaching the fire.
The wolf snapped into the air before taking off into a giant leap. She was fast, her paws only merely touching the sand before sending her into another leap straight at us. Rumulus was quick to react himself, jumping out of the way in the last second, pushing off to land on her back the moment she landed.

His paws touched her long, soft fur and landed in something wet and warm. Her whole back was sticky and she yelt as soon as we touched her. Salt water... she was soaked before I tried to explain, but a strong smell hit my nose. A smell we knew all too well. This smell had haunted us for so many days and nights. Mixed with the beautiful sweet smell of our mate was the metallic smell of blood, her blood.
Rumulus had no chance to look down before the wolf had thrown him off, making him slide on the sand. His paws were painted red as he stood back up. Why is she bleeding? I didn't hurt her! Who hurt her? WHO THE FUCK HURT MY MATE?!

He instantly began to viciously growl, anger overwhelming him. I was pushed back into a corner, doomed to stay a spectator as his anger made his vision flash red. Worse than threatening his life was threatening his mates' life. It was in the responsibility of a male to keep his mate safe!
The wolf began to react to the threat, but Rumulus turned around, snarling into the air, sniffing for enemies. I wanted to yell at him, to tell him to turn around before she would pounce at us from the back, but the impact of her weight came before I could form any of those thoughts.
She hit him slightly at his side and Rumulus turned while falling, facing the threat but also showing his vulnerable belly. The angry and protective part of Rumulus had no fear of our mate hurting him. He didn't see his mate as a threat since he was trying to protect her. But I saw those red eyes stare at me with the full intention to hurt him. She snapped in the air, the wind of her huge jaw closing touching his snout. The increase of her smell whatsoever hit Rumulus in a different way.

Like a rollercoaster his emotions took another sharp turn before skyrocketing with pure bliss. He licked her snout, joy overtaking him to be so close to his long lost mate. Shock had crawled into me and I was watching with horror as he licked her again, ignoring the pain she inflected on his belly with her claws. Mate... Mate... Mine... Mate... he kept repeating, whimpering with excitement.
The wolf stopped, her eyes quickly moving from one of his eyes to the other, scanning him like a human would do. The eyes started to lose their cruelty, starting to change the colour back to honey as the huge wolf retreated slowly. Just as she had gotten off Rumulus and he wanted to get back up, her eyes flickered to his paws, stained red with her blood.
Immediately her eyes returned to red. We're dead I thought just as a growl returned to reach us. Ruby Rumulus tried again, reaching for her mind.

Now that he had had physical contact with her, a mind-link should be easier to establish. And trying again we could feel her presence better than before. Her mind was still trying to shut us out, but I took on the task. You concentrate on physical things Rumulus, I'll try to get this mind-link I told him. He agreed and began circling Ruby, buying me time as he dodged her launches and bites.
Tae, Taemilia! Please, come on, help me here! Jason is somewhere here and if you kill me and keep losing control he's dead as well! Come on, please! It doesn't mean anything... just let me in! I begged, knowing Ruby would not help me. Too bad! She will not be able to help you! She had me locked up in here all those years, only letting me out when full moon came and she couldn't keep me in! I have trapped her the way she trapped me. That bitch will pay for what she did! I will not let her have control again! A new voice rang through my head. The voice was ice cold and lethal, each word like a slap. But together with the voice all her emotions swept through.
Anger for the most part, anger and hatred for Tae and everyone else. Her anger painted my own mind red and I started drowning in her emotions, losing focus entirely. Just as I was about to pull back, overwhelmed by such an impact of anger, I spotted something else. Something that wasn't anger. It was pain, weaving through the anger, holding the anger together so tight, nothing would pass it.
I understand you're hurt Ruby, I really do! Rumulus has taken control too once and I felt awful, having him not listen to me, having him lock me out! It feels horrible and I was helpless. I can't imagen what that'd be like for so long! I tried, reaching for an emotion that's not the anger.
Yeah, you can't imagen, but you know what? You'll witness, coz I'll show her what it feels like to be locked out. I'll have her watch me kill you, her mate! I'll have her beg for your pathetic life. And she'll be the one doing it. I'll make her break just like she allowed me to break. She didn't help me and I'll make her feel just what I felt! A rough cough, almost sounding like a retorted laugh rang in my mind as anger took over my vision once more.

What happened? Ruby, please! If you wanna kill me... fine, just talk to me first! Let my soul leave this world in peace. I said, hoping to either give Tae a shot of taking control again or reaching an emotion other than hatred to pull Ruby out of her trance-like state.
I don't think your small mind can process that, but you know what since you're my mate and all... I'll tell you. When we were kept with those men, they had huge amounts of wolfs Bain injected in my weak form to make it impossible to shift and fight my way out. I was so weak, I couldn't even comfort Milia, couldn't help her stand the other pain. It felt so awful being locked inside, being unable to do anything. And she should know that better than anyone... but when we got out and I finally gained strength to revenge us... to free this world from those disgusting faces... she yelled at me. She hated me for killing them even though they had tortured her. She blamed me for other people being scared of her. And she was scared of me too. She was so scared, she started to push me away.

There was no wolfs Bain anymore... there was nothing holding me back and I wanted to enjoy that freedom. But she CHOSE to keep me in hell for longer, SHE extended my awful life. But I won't have it anymore! She has gotten too weak and now... now she'll experience what it is like to not be able to help! To see people die and not be able to help, because she wouldn't let me out! I could've prevented Tamail from dying, but SHE LET HIM DIE because she was SCARED what I would do... this pathetic excuse of a second half doesn't deserve someone like me.

Ruby snarled again, but having her talk about Tamail showed me more pain and I jumped at the opportunity. Losing Tamail was hard! You loved him! You helped kill Thomas, the rat that was responsible! But he's still dead! His funeral... you weren't there... but his father... he was there... Tae saved him, or you did, I don't know... but he was there and he missed you... he missed Milia, he doesn't know me! But he might get to know you, like I get to know you... I really want to get to know you and Rumulus does too! Stop lying! You're scared of me just like anyone else!
Do you know what it feels like to have the world be scared of you? Even without doing anything wrong people have always been scared because of my size! And that hurts! Having them shut you out and not trust you because of their jealousy! But I am not scared! I was, but I am not. You are my mate, I have been looking for you for so long and I need you! I don't want to live without you so please, help me. Tae doesn't want to... she doesn't care, but I know you do! Help me and get to know me, because I want to help you! I don't want to box you back in, I want to have you free.

Rumulus had lost his balance and Ruby was standing over him once more, her eyes on his. He stopped fighting, being aware of what I was talking about. Ruby was sending off weird mixes of emotions and I knew I had her where it hurt and mattered. Ruby Rumulus whispered, intervening in the mind-link. Please give me a chance! He begged, not afraid of being weak with her. He started whimpering again, leaving his tongue to stick out of his mouth to better absorb her scent.
It was still alluring, despite the situation of facing death, her smell was like a drug and I opened my whole mind to her. This was my only shot to show her how I really felt.

I let my walls break down, all my memories and all my thoughts were rushing through her. All the emotions her mere smell made me feel, all my fear for my mate, every howl I send into the sky when searching. I let her feel all that, let her feel the jittering of my skin when touching her even in this very moment.
All I wanted was to show her how much she mattered. You were scared of me, like anyone else! On full moon you thought I would be murdering your mate. When seeing Tae with my eyes you were scared! You prevented me from coming to the surface! You hate me just as much as everyone does! Your dad hates me and thinks I am a danger to your pack and even the man who raised me is scared and hates me!
Everyone hates me, everyone thinks of me as a threat and since they do anyway, I will prove them right! Or you can prove them wrong... you can prove them all wrong! Because I know you want that! Each time you have gotten out you protected people you love! All you ever wanted was protect them and it must have been hell to not protect Taemilia because you couldn't. All you want is for your loved ones to be save and I can help you show them. I'll help you show them to not be scared but respect you. Please! I want to help you and I want them to see you as I see you.

I want them to love you and accept you! Because I do. I know you don't know me... but maybe you do... Ruby... Ruby please... I need you!
I stared at her through Rumulus' eyes. I stared at her red eyes, looking into the blood sea that was swirling there. Her weight was on me but the weight of her decision was what was slowly crushing me. She held not only my life in her hands, but the future of my pack. Of the pack which could be her pack too.
Could it really be? My pack... Yes, YES, YES Rumulus and I screamed at her, our minds still open for her to read.