Returning home - 22

I was not concentrating on anything when I arrived, Rumulus reminded me to get some clothes out of my locker in the gym, checking if someone was present... I didn't even care who saw me naked, I didn't care about anything anymore.
I had had this one shot and I ruined it! Some mate I was, letting her vanish all the time. Some mate I was leaving my soulmate to fight for herself! "I'm the worst friggen mate there is" I murmured as I pulled my tank top down. "Marvin" Clemens exclaimed and pulled me in for a hug "oh man, after Jason told us what happened... I was damn scared!" he admitted. "What did he tell you?" I asked, wondering whether he told the pack about her being the blood wolf. "He said you found her, but Tae was... out of her mind a little and you decided to stay and travel back with her! How did you do that? Did she run all that way? But then why would she need clothes... did she shift?" he asked, his eyes glowing with curiosity.
I had told Clemens about her being the blood wolf that night outside, so I nodded "yeah I met her wolf... it's complicated... she's different to what dad said and I don't know... I'm so confused!" I stuttered, slouching onto the bench. "Well you'll have time to find out" Clemens said, hitting me softly on my shoulder. He seemed happy and I hated his good mood. "No, I fucked up again" I muttered. "What happened?" he asked, both his eyebrows lowering as he scrutinized me. "I left her at the border to get the clothes... I should have had you bring them or something... but I didn't even think about that... I just left her there... And now she's gone... again" I explained, no real sentence coming from me.

"Odd, I thought I saw her just then..." Clemens exclaimed, pointing into the house. "WHAT?!" I jumped up, staring at my Beta "yeah... I thought she walked into your fathers office... but... maybe I was mistaken?" he continued. He looked uncertain, but the possibility was enough for me. I sprinted past him, took three stairs at a time as I flew to the floor my dad was at. Maybe she's here... maybe she is giving us a chance I chanted, feeling Rumulus get excited as well.
I stormed into my father's office without knocking or waiting. I stopped dead in my track. My father was facing me, his hands on his desk as he looked up at my sudden entry. In front of him stood a small figure and I rejoiced to see Tae's usual clothes.
She didn't turn to look at me, neither did she stop talking and a saw something flash in her hand. It took me a while to understand she was talking to someone over the phone. What are you doing barging in here like a maniac? My father demanded to know over mind-link. I... I thought I'd lost her... thought she was gone again... thought I'd never see her again... I..." I stuttered even in my thoughts, keeping my eyes trained on Tae's back. She stood tall and stiff, her usual posture as her quiet voice send report over the island.

I didn't really care about her words, her voice alone send shivers done my spine, pleasure pulsing through me. Even though we had spent the last days with her, it had been different. Rumulus and Ruby may have gotten used to each other, but seeing her human form gave me a whole new form of bliss. She hung up, nodding at my father before she turned around to me. Her eyes did not meet mine, the fabric covering her face as usual. She walked past me, leaving me stunned and shocked, unsure about what to do.
"What has gotten into you? What is this sort of behaviour? Has she not rejected you?" my father asked as the door had closed. "No... she has not... and I spent time with Ruby you know... it's not like you think... SHE is not like you think." I stuttered, looking at my father. "I'll fight for her dad... I won't just let her reject me!" my voice was stern as I held on to my decision.
"I know what you think about her being a danger and all, but we're destined to be and I will do everything I can to keep her in my life! I need her! The pack needs her!" I had gained confidence, enough confidence to give my father a long glance before leaving his office, rushing downstairs where I hoped to find Tae.

"Tae" I called as I rushed through the house and into the gym. She looked up, her honey eyes meeting mine for the first time for what felt like forever. "Tae I..." "you are not to address me with such disrespect!" she interrupted me, her eyes forming slits. "But I thought..." "I don't care what you thought. I had nothing to do with Ruby's decision to spend time with you! I am here to finish MY JOB because that is what I do. And you are to treat me with the respect someone of my rank deserves if you do not wish to be excluded from all training" she said.
Her voice could have made ice shatter, her cold expression giving away nothing but pure anger and disgust for me. It hurt, her rejection physically hurt me. I shrunk back, a whimper leaving my throat as Rumulus felt rejected as well. She could as well stab me in the chest, the pain would be the same. She didn't look faced by my reaction, looking at my face which surely gave away all my hurt. Her face and eyes showed me she didn't care. She didn't care her mate was hurting and she didn't care she caused it.