Prologue - 23

I was scared what would happen now, but the giddiness from the kiss robbed me of the full force of that fear. "I'll get going now, there are men to be trained" she whispered, her voice hoarse and nowhere near the commanding tone she normally used. And just like that she left. I was too happy to mind, content with the fact she would be staying for some time until leaving me.
I will win her over I promised Rumulus, I will do anything to win her over.
And just like that the daily hassle had us back, Tae was training different groups of men and soon most of the men from the troops left. The packs were stabilized and there was no need for them to stay. She wished them farewell with us. Even though I had taken a liking to some of the guys especially Jason, I was not sad about them leaving. The competition for her time and the jealousy Rumulus and I felt had made it hard to be particularly kind to any of them.
The possessiveness also made it hard to concentrate on training when she gave her attention to someone else even though it was for training purposes only. It was hard but I held back, I did everything to give her space and time.

Though I looked for her at night, wanted to find her to spend some time alone but it was all back to normal and she was gone as soon as her work was over. No eating with us, no talking in private and back to the nightmares I now knew were hers.
They were bad, the horror and fear gripping me as soon as those images arose in my head. I awoke drenched in sweat when they ended, my heartbeat racing like a running horse. I normally went and showered, but I felt thirsty and hungry that night so I walked downstairs, dressed in only a pair of shorts. I felt hot despite the winter that had come. My body was still wet and sticky with hot sweat as I entered the kitchen and stopped.

It was her, her hair sticking to her head as wet as mine, her shoulders moving with shallow quick breaths and in her hand a glass of juice. She had pulled the fabric down to drink and her eyes looked tired yet filled with something else. I knew she had just had the same dream. One of those dreams that took her back to a time she probably did not want to remember. She looked so vulnerable, so small and broken. She had not noticed me and kept staring off into space as I walked towards her, took the glass out of her hand and hugged her.
Hugged her with the uncontrollable need to comfort her. The need to keep her safe and have her in my arms, to show her I was there. "They will not take you again. You are stronger now, they have no chance. They are dead and will never come back. Those images are just haunting you but if you let me I will fight them with you. I will keep you safe. I will do anything, anything" I whispered, pulling her tighter against my chest.

"Don't let go" she whispered so quietly I thought I might have imagined it. But she moved closer herself, placed a gentle hand on my chest and then... placed her lips on my collar bone. An army of butterflies exploded in my stomach, my mind swirling off into space as a violent moan left my lips. I had not been prepared for her affection, for her need to bring me pleasure. My eyes closed on their own, my skin burning so hot I was sure I burnt her. But her hand moved along my skin, up the side of my throat and into my neck as she continued placing soft kisses. I shivered and almost shook from the force with which emotions blasted through me.
My head was not able to make sense of anything as she reached my throat, moving up in my arms as if standing on her toes as she began to deepen her kisses. She tasted me with her tongue and my violent shaking matched hers. Each of my moans seemed to encourage her, to tell her to go on. And she did, boy did she go on.
It might have been two seconds or two years, I did not know and frankly did not care. Her soft kisses had turned demanding on my skin, her teeth grazing me, her tongue moving along leaving a hot trail. My paralyzed state stopped just as suddenly as it came and had my lips on hers in a heartbeat. I tasted myself on her lips, but also a whole lot of her. My thirst and hunger for food was gone and all I longed for was her.

We spend the night together, she fell asleep in my arms on my bed, her body tightly and securely wrapped in my arms. I had not mated with her, we had spent the time kissing and embracing each other with gentleness. It was then that she woke and smiled at me, her honey eyes filled with joy as she told me she had never slept like this, so peaceful.
She came back into my room the day afterwards, her ears burning red with embarrassment, but I told her not to be, not to fight it and just let everything happen in its own time.
And it took time, it took time for her to not be embarrassed to come into my room and snuggle into me at night so I could keep the horrors away from her. It took time for her to smile at me with her eyes when she saw me and not hide the affection she had. It took even more time for to her warm up to my friends and the pack, to talk to them about other things than training which is still work in progress. There is not much Tae knows that is unrelated to training or fights or how to run a pack.

But over time she changed and I changed too. She warmed up and I grew up, grew into the responsibilities the Alpha had. And she stayed... for now. She was still second in command, running matters from the office we had used to monitor her. She received emergency calls and was sometimes gone quicker than I could kiss her goodbye. I understood, I felt what she felt, felt her need to do her duty, to work as hard as she could to make up for something she did not do.
But it took the longest time for her and Ruby to make up, for Ruby to understand the importance of safety and being nice and not too competitive and for the pack to wrap their heads around the fact that the blood wolf was their Luna. Fear turned into admiration and one day I felt the pride of my pack when Ruby stood with them, hunted with them, ran the borders or just rested her large body in the sunlight.
I could not get bored of seeing her, her or Tae who became a different person. Who knew she was funny, could mock and joke around and was the worst cook I had ever met.
She liked weird combinations and under her influence I became what humans call vegan. My affection for her grew by the day and the day she kissed me and told me she would stay was the best day of my life.

The neighbouring pack had failed to truly get settled and Tae had transformed the land into an educational station for the star warrior troops. She worked there, training new soldiers and turned down the position of first in command. Daniel had told her he was more than proud and could never be prouder for any war won or fought.
But he did wish to have grandkids... he told me... more than once.
So what can say? Life is good, we found our pace, or own little rhythm to dance to. Tae will always be a commander and I will never beat her in anything related to fighting. And that is okay. I am fine with being the second strongest in the pack, because we stand side by side. We keep each other safe, she might scare away every rouge but I scare away her own terrors, her personal enemies.
I know now why the two of us have been destined to be. Years later we married, her hair is now long and actually red. I found out she was dyeing her hair after months of believing it was brown. It is the same colour as Rubys' fur and beautiful.
Needless to say I love her, with all my heart and all my soul. I love the honey in her eyes, the red of her wolf's eyes and the way she makes me feel like a boy. I love how confident she is, how strong and tough and at the same time shy whenever I see her undress. Her precious body is covered in scares and over years I have gotten to know every single one of them. They all tell a story, her story. But that time is over and I am glad it is. Though the scars on her body might never fade, the scars on her soul have, have dulled and the shadows or her past do not haunt her so much.
We had many years and pray for many more in health and sickness, through good and bad, through riches and through poverty... together.

Authors Note:

Hello everyone,
thank you for reading my Story. I hope you have enjoyed endulging in a world full of wonder and magic.

I understand we love Werwolf stories so much due to many reasons, one of them Maybe being because they receive a Partner... a match made in heaven to fit perfectly. Truth is, no one will walk up to you and say the word "mate" and everything works out and life is peaches and sunshine.

But unlike in These books, we are enough on our own, we are not half until Meeting someone, we are whole. And when Meeting another Person we become not 100% but two times that...

So please continue loosing yourselves in books like I do, continue loving to Escape to another world and see where it takes you, but never think we cannot have a fairytale in our own life. It demands work and effort just like Marvin had to work for it. He doubted, he fell and he almost gave up. But he did not and that is what I want to tell you at this Point. Do not give up!

Also my attempt to make the world a better place for everyone is through Food and you might have noticed they are vegans in my book. It is for ecological reasons that I think we should care for each other more and even though you might feel like your buying Habits do not make a difference, they do. They really have an Impact on the Environment, the nature, the animals and your Health, all positive.

So no, I do not ask you to go vegan all out all at once, but Maybe leave a heart here and enjoy one non-Diary, no meat dish a week or just once.

Thanks for reading and thank you for following - your hearts mean the world to me.

God bless you
Phi