Chapter Thirty Seven

Start from the beginning

I can feel my anxiety bubbling deep inside. It's wrapping around my body and seizing my limbs. The boys- anyone I know isn't here. They're running late. It's only by a few minutes, but I'm starting to feel physical pain of my mental state.

Mia and Noah seperate, and he holds open a door to the a red sports car for her. She climbs in, and he shuts it firmly. Then, he turns. Towards me.

The anxiety is getting worse. My chest burns. I can't breathe. I'm struggling to decide if I'm going to pass out or vomit.

He's walking towards me. Oh gosh no. My eyes snap to the doors, hoping that someone would come out. Anyone. William. Hunter. Jake. Ian. Becky. Anyone, please.

Amongst the fear, I can make out fury. I'm angry at what he had done to me, but the terrifying memory is eating me alive right in front of him. I want to hit him. Even if I would be crying and shaking at the same time.

Noah completely destroyed sixteen year old me.

He took something from me I'll never get back. It was one of my most difficult times since it created a ripple effect of my own complications. It fed my eating disorder, added gasoline to my anxiety.

I'm a wreck. Noah is getting closer and closer- Hunter suddenly walks through the main doors, completely unaware of what is happing.

Like habit, his hazel eyes drift towards the tree to look for us. I meet his gaze, making a silent plead through the look. He frowns, halting for a moment until he sees Noah only a few feet from me.

I'm okay now. I'll be okay. It will be okay.

William stumbles out behind him, but he sees Noah a lot faster than Hunter had. They're both in a scramble to get over here.

I let my hair fall over my face, trying to use it as a shield. "Still not saying anything?" I bite down on my tongue so harsh that my mouth fills with blood.

My body tries to press further into the tree even though I physically can't. He's right in front of my now, a gross smirk on his face at my clear reaction. I couldn't stop it.

It's at that moment when the boys reach us, Hunter jumping into action first. He grabs Noah by the jacket and pulls him back with all his strength. He stumbles and crashes onto the concrete ground from the unexpected jerk back.

"I thought I made it fucking damn clear for you not to go anywhere near her." I shudder at the sound of Hunter's terrifying voice. The words were dripping with venom and brought darkness with them.

I'm going to be sick.

William reaches my side. "Are you okay?" He distracts me from the two very angry boys in front of us. He realises that I'm stuck staring still in a state of shock, so he breaks it by moving in front of my view.

No words manage to form from my mouth. My blond best friend get's distracted from waiting for my answer when Noah shoots off the ground and takes a threatening step towards Hunter. They're so close in an intimating way that they're a hair apart.

William leaves me to take side with Hunter incase the situation gets out of hand. At the rate it's going, it isn't going to end cleanly. It never does.

Becky appears behind the chaos moves towards me, linking he arm with mine the same way last time Mia dragged Noah to the school. Her silent comfort is enough for me to keep myself grounded.

I'll be okay. We'll be okay.

"It's her fault I went to fucking prison. Now I can't do shit with that on my permanent record. All because of her." Noah points an accusing finger to me, as if I'd ruined his life.