Take it back

"have you ever been apart of a spliff session?" phoenix says while dragging a six person hookah from beside her bed.

"no, I'm afraid not." I chuckle.

"yay, we get to take her session virginity." Marie squeals.

"Has anyone taken you're actual virginity?" Niall says nudging me and Harry.

"Ni!" phoenix yells slapping Niall on his arm.

"no it's fine," I insist- then continue my conversation with Niall, "but again, I'm afraid not." I feel myself blushing.

"anyways." Harry says clapping his hands.

"load this baby up." he continues.

phoenix goes into her top dresser drawer and pulls out a bag of bud and places a piece into the middle of the hookah.

"bon appetit." phoenix says while placing the mouth piece of the hookah in her mouth giving me a look that gives me chills.

everyone in the room starts to smoke as I look around at everyone feeling lost.

"aren't you gonna smoke?" Harry says while picking up my hookah piece and placing it into my hand.

I look down at the mouthpiece one last time before placing it into my mouth and inhaling.

I inhale again.

and again.

and again.

and over-and over

until my surroundings seem unrealistic.

"what time is it?" I say looking to Harry.

"11:37. I think I'm going to start heading home." Harry says while getting up.

"come talk to me outside a minute." he continues while grabbing my arm, not even letting me respond.

Niall and Louis whistle as we leave the room and Harry shushes them.

as we make our way downstairs I pull away from Harry's grip.

"what'd you want to talk about?" I try to say but it comes out choppy.

"stay the night with me." his blue green eyes pierce into mine.

"no." I say turning around and starting to walk back upstairs but he grabs my arm.

"come on Mary."

"no I already know what you're trying to do. stop." I was going to avoid being alone with him as much as I could.

"what are you even talking about? you're just paranoid because you're high as shit right now." he says pulling me towards the door.

"I may be high as a kite right now, but I'm sure as hell not stupid." I say ripping my hand away from his grasp.

"Mary pl-"

"actually, I will stay." I say cutting him off.

I most definitely wasn't planning on staying at Harry's, but that was an opportunity to play the same game he is-and I wasn't going to miss it.

"well come on." he says while leading me out of Phoenix's front door and into his car.

"Smile. I promise it'll be fun." he says picking my chin up.

"yeah little do you know." I whisper to myself.

"pardon?" he replies while pulling away from the curb and driving off.

"oh, nothing. nothing at all." I smirk.

________________________________

HARRYS POV:

I was excited to surprise Mary. I've never done this for a girl before and I was really hoping she'd enjoy it.

as open the door to my flat I gesture her inside.

"first door on your left." I say to her as I take off my jacket.

"oh my." I barely hear her say from the other room.

"you like it?" I say leaning on the for frame of my movie room.

"yes, very much."

"it was Phoenix's idea." I say rubbing the back of my neck.

she looks down at the flower petals at her feet, then back up to the homemade fort.

"I'm shattered. And this two person fort would be lonely with just one person don't you think?"

"yes I do." I smile and crawl into the fort with her.  Words can't describe how many butterflies I felt inside my stomach climbing into that bundle of pillows, sheets, and blankets.