Plastic Red Cup

I continue taking my things into my flat, the least that Phoenix girl could've done was help me out I think to myself as I carry the last box in, shutting my front door behind me.

"What the hell." I sigh looking at all the boxes stacked in front of me.

I start to unpack my clothes first considering I needed to find something to wear for tonight.

The more I think about it, strangely, the more excited I get. A new town, a new start.

I could be anyone I wanted at this point, and tonight was my chance to choose something different for once.

As I unpacked my clothes I pulled out my royal blue strapless dress that I hadn't worn since last August.

It had cookie bites in the sides, and was about mid thigh length. I loved that dress so much, I started to wonder why I had only worn it once or twice.

"Black vans, black vans." I said to myself while rummaging through the open boxes scattered around my room.

"Aha." I continued to myself pulling out the shoes from the box on top of my bed. Underneath them was my leather jacket which I also planned on wearing tonight.

I pull out my phone from my pocket to check the time.

10:38

2 text messages

5 missed calls.

*how can you just leave without saying goodbye, Mary that's bullshit*

*i can't believe you.*

I stared at the two text messages and deleted them.

The five missed calls were from Emily. My friend from back home.

But if I wanted to start over, I had to forget everything and everyone. And that's exactly what I planned on doing.

I shoo away my thoughts and take my clothes into the bathroom and shower.

While the hot water cascaded down my body all I could think about was who I wanted to be this time around.

I was always the goodie two shoes. This time I wanted to be the complete opposite. And that's what I decided on.

I stepped out of the shower and pulled the blue dress up my body. It fit in all the right places, just like I remembered.

I decided to put my hair into a tight ponytail.

As I slip on my jacket I hear a knock at the door and the knob turn quickly after.

I make my way to the front door to see Phoenix standing there smiling.

"Whoa, what happened to the girl I met earlier? You went from not to hot in 4 hours. No offense." She chuckles.

"Looks can be deceiving." I smirk at her and grab my shoes from the bathroom floor.

"So what are you, a teenage dirtbag? A rebel?" She laughs to herself.

"If that's what you want to call it."

"You could've fooled me earlier." She says while opening my front door.

I quickly slip on my shoes and follow her out locking my door behind me.

"Oh um by the way, my friend Harry- he's an asshole so just ignore him." She says as we make our way across the street.

"I think we'll get along pretty well." I smirk.

As I walk into her house I was shocked.

The event was far from a "get together". It was more like a frat party.

People spilled out of every room in the house.

"Come on, let me introduce you to some people." She says while grabbing my hand and pulling me into her living room.

"This is the girl I was telling you guys about. Mary." She says while gesturing from me to the 4 people sitting on the couch.

"This is Harry." She says pointing at a dark haired boy with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth. He wore a black bandana on his head and matching shirt, pants, and shoes. Tattoos scattered his skin.

"Hey." He said tipping an invisible hat.

"That's Niall, he's my boyfriend."

"Nice to meet you." He smiled at me. He had a tobacco pipe in his hand, but the smoke coming out of it wasn't from tobacco.

"Do you smoke? Bud anyways?" He must've seen me staring.

"Yeah." What was I saying, no I didn't.

He handed my the pipe and I wrapped my lips around the mouthpiece and inhaled while he lit it for me.

I blow the smoke from my mouth letting out a slight cough.

"That's Louis and Marie, they're dating." She says and they both greet me with a hello.

"You drink?" Marie says.

"Like a fish." I say smirking. Lying again.

"Well pour this girl a drink." Niall says smiling. It wasn't a happy smile. I wasn't sure what kind of smile it was, but I knew what kind of smile it wasn't.

Marie hands me a plastic red cup filled with a clear drink in it.

"Cheery rum and sprite." She says smirking at me.

I chug it down within 10 seconds and everyone's eyes are on me, except for Harry's.

"Did you just fucking see that mate? She drinks as much as you man." Niall says tapping Niall.

"I'm not impressed." Harry says hitting the cigarette and blowing smoke out of his nose.

"It wasn't meant for that purpose sweetheart."

He scoffs at me

"Take a couple shots with me." I say to him.

I could tell he was similar to me, or who I'm pretending to be.

He was a good challenge. I knew it. He was prey, and I was going to pursue him.

Phoenix poured vodka into 10 shot glasses.

Five for Harry.

And five for me.

"Ready?"

I nodded to Phoenix.

"Go!"

Harry and I quickly swallowed down shot after shot.

He finished his last shot just seconds before me.

"Nice try though." Harry said smirking to me.

My body was engulfed into a warm sensation.

This was going to be fun, and I couldn't wait.

He walked over and sat by the couch and I followed sitting next to him.

"Took some time picking out your outfit I bet." I say as he looks up and down hisself.

"Funny." He fake laughs.

"I thought you were gonna be a complete square." He continued.

"Guess you thought wrong sweetheart." I say as he raises his eyebrows at me.

My mind filled with hunger as I continued to talk.

"You seem like fun." I say while biting my lip.