Chapter Fifty-Nine

Start from the beginning

"We know.", Raven responded dryly, arms folded as she glared down the blonde bombshell who had just eyed-up her mans.

For a moment, the girl's mask dropped as her cherry lips curled at the demoness and her perfectly winged eyes threw daggers. Gods, she was SUCH a cliché!- it's what everyone sees in the movies, a rich, stuck up blonde with the vanity of Snow White's stepmother, but no one actually expects hoes like that to exist.

Just as that walking attention sign did, Damian didn't allow for a word in edgeways as he told her, "Your assistance is not required. We can find our own way.", as a slap in the face he captured Raven's hand in his and pulled her through the bustling crowd, shoving past the brothel on legs.

Blindly following, Jon and Donna stumbled after the older two, catching snippets of conversation as they brushed against lockers and swerved around hollering groups. Unsurprisingly to the older two, more of the talk centred around relationships: who was dating who; who was cute with who; who ended up fucking someone at a house party who was in a relationship; and so on.
Gotham Academy was living up to the stereotype and they had only been in the building for five minutes.

From his research the night before, Damian recalled that the admissions and welfare office were three corridors away, opposite the staff room. Just another ocean of teenage tragedy to wade through, no major deal.
Spotting the canteen entrance opposite, Damian parked the four of them in the corridor, halting abruptly.

To Jonathan and Donna, he ordered, "Wait for us in the canteen. We'll retrieve our schedules as well as yours."

Nodding that they'd understood his commands (being part of a team had evidently impacted their communications with one another- the younger two had grown accustomed to seeking Damian or Raven as a source of authority when Kori wasn't there) Jonathan and Donna parted, breaking through the students.

Watching them narrowly missing backpacks and designer handbags left, right and centre, Raven became all too aware of a calloused hand grasping hers. That warm, rough hand remained joined to hers as they trekked towards the admissions office, a guiding constant though the mess of emotions that flooded though the Empath. Big crowds did not go well with Raven. Surprise surprise.

A couple minutes in, and school was already living up to the shitty expectations- things could only get better from here...
...

HA! Give me a break!

***

"Right, so, go on an introduce yourselves", the budding middle-aged woman gestured in the direction of the class in front of them (all of whom sat behind typical wooden desks) , "don't be shy."

Surveying the collection of uninteresting creatures assembled before him, Damian thought -and would remark to Raven later on- that the teenagers were oddly attentive. It wasn't a simple matter of them noticing the imposing figures of the part-demons...there was lust in the room. Pure, teenage, angsty lust.

Oozing from the pores of skets and good girls, roadmans and wastemans alike.

Disgusting.

...