Jesse pt2.

Frustrated, she willed her legs to move faster. Her muscles aching for her speed picked up.

The sun peeked shyly far away in the horizon. A couple of sun rays kissed the ground, tickling it.

I need to get away quickly, she grunted.

Feet slapped viciously on the hard asphalt. The streets void of any living creatures, other than stray or homeless ones.

Her legs carried her to the nearest park. I'll lose them there, she decided taking a sudden turn into a narrow passage. She zigzagged avoiding the trash cans only to come face to face with a dead end. "Shit!" She glared at the wall in front but didn't stop. She ran faster, the guys hot on her heels.

Jumping on the wall beside her, her arms outstretched, she used the force to reach higher. Grabbing the edge, her fingers tightened ready to pull herself up.

One guy caught up to her just in time and grasped her ankle frantically pulling down. "You're not going anywhere!"

Offering him a generous tray of profanities, her other foot rested flat on the brick wall and pushed in his direction. Caught off guard, he stumbled back and down on his bum as she backflipped in the air landing on her feet behind him.

Fuming, he dashed toward her. She smirked grabbing her knife out and charged at him too. Dodging his high kick, she punched his face and kicked his knee. He grimaced for the knife moved across his neck then quickly slashed his abdomen. He wheezed. Thankful for her quick reflexes, she pushed him off of her and he tumbled down convulsing until life seeped out of his body.

The other guy clearly wasn't meant for running but for combat, she concluded as he rounded the battered alley grabbing her by the hair. Pissed off beyond imagination, the knife swiftly turned in her slender fingers and she stabbed his bulging bicep then twisted.

"Bitch!" He groaned in pain, throwing her against the wall.

"That's what you get for messing with my hair," she heaved, sneering at him.

Peeling her body off of the wall, fists flew around. Punches, kicks, new fresh wounds and cuss words filled the new fresh atmosphere. The sun was rising and she needed to get away soon.

Ducking to dodge his punch, she grabbed his injured arm, squeezed the deep injury and punched his mouth as he was about to scream out in pain. His eyes hardened and her shoulders moved in a nonchalant shrug.

Twisting his arm behind him, she slammed his body against the wall. "Payback, bitch." He grunted trying to kick her. Applying more pressure on his wound, her other hand moved fast and she stabbed his neck twice.

Inhaling noisily, he struggled against her. It was hard to keep him in place. Kneeing his side, her knife pierced his thorax multiple times. He rasped sliding down. Pulling away from him, she staggered watching his eyes get duller by the second.

Her heart ached.

Shaking her head to rid it from the unnecessary thoughts, she wiped her hands in his shirt then rubbed the fatigue from her eyes. She was drained. Glancing up and noting the dim sky, she pulled the mask from her jacket, put it on and fixed her cap. Only her eyes were visible.

Resuming her journey, Aurora climbed up the wall then hopped down gracefully landing in a crouching position in front of a guy.

Sweat glistened on his skin. Noting his outfit, he must've been on his morning run. She might've interrupted him with her sudden arrival for he seemed a tad bit startled. Her eyes moved from his body to his face reluctantly.

Holding her breath, their eyes met.

Trying so hard not to freak out, she swallowed slowly. A lump forming in her throat as recognition flashed through her mind.