Chapter 6: Sirens and Nico's Unexpected Visitor?

Start from the beginning

*Dream*

I walked for what seemed like hours to a mansion. I walked inside and it was quiet. I went up the stairs and wondered through the hall with so many doors.

It's so quiet. I looked around for some source of life but saw and heard nothing. I turned to the door on my right and tried to open the door but I went right through it. I saw a boy about 11 and he looked focused on a book, all around him were piles and piles of books.

He looked up but it didn't look like he could see me. He seemed wary but continued reading. I walked through the door into the room across from it and there was a boy looking through a sketch book.

He was on his bed and he looked about 17 or 18. He looked sad while looking through the sketch so I walked towards him and he didn't seem to notice either.

I looked at the sketch and it was a picture of a sunset and looked really pretty. Why is he moping over that? Did one of his family members that drew that die? I saw a name at the bottom.

I tried to get a better look at it but I felt a tug and it started to pull me away. The boy looked up and for a split second our eyes locked then I was gone.

I don't know why but those boys look so familiar and yet it feels like I don't know them. Wait, that didn't even make sense.

I looked around me and what saw completely surprised me. It was a black half black, half white feather! It was literally half and half from top to bottom running down from the top. How strange.

*END of DREAM*

Nico's POV

I was about to check on Leah in the infirmary when I heard someone yelling.

'There are Sirens in camp! Everyone get ear plugs now!' I heard Clarisse yelling.

Sirens? How did Sirens get past the border?

I ran and got two pairs of ear plugs, one for me and one for Leah. I jogged to the infirmary and noticed Leah wasn't there. I walked back out and noticed footprints that led to the forest. I put on my ear plugs and followed the footprints.

The footprints led to the river and I saw Leah looking away from me. She was walking slowly to the Sirens. WAIT SIRENS?!

I ran to her and grabbed her hand. I suddenly saw what she was seeing. It was I'm guessing her family, but what stuck out the most was the little girl. It was the same little girl I saw the other day.

I noticed Leah pulled away from me and started walking faster to the Siren. I wrapped my arms around her and she struggled to get loose.

I noticed she was crying. I felt her tremble and looked up and watched as Clarisse kill the Siren with her spear.

I felt Leah slump and not move. I turned her around and saw tears going down her face. I picked her up bridal style and carried her to my cabin. No, I'm not a pervert and going to watch her sleep. I'm just brining her to a different place to sleep. I'm sure she's tired of always waking up in the infirmary.

I told Clarisse where I was taking her and she didn't look too happy and threatened me if I did anything I'm dead, but agreed.sh

I opened my door and set her down on my bed. She looked so... tired. I felt bad for her. She's gone through a lot and it can't be easy for her. I frowned and moved the hair out of her face.

I left and went to the Dining Hall.

Leah's POV

I woke up with a start and looked all around.

What the hell? Where am I?

I got out of the black bed and looked around. Everything was either black or red, not that I'm complaining but still, this is not the infirmary.

I opened the door and it was dark outside, I shivered involuntary. I felt like someone was watching me and I decided to go back inside. I collided into a chest and fell on my butt.

I looked up and saw Nico trying to contain his laughter and failing miserably.

'Are you going to laugh at me all day or help me up?' I said in an annoyed tone. He stopped laughing and helped me up. I felt myself drawn to the forest for some reason and I'm not sure if that's a good thing.

Suddenly I remembered I had passed out earlier.

'Hey what happened earlier and how did I get here?' I asked plopping down on the black bed while Nico sat at a desk chair.

'Well you seem to be accident prone' he said smiling.

'You almost became dinner for Sirens. If I wouldn't have got to you in time you wouldn't be here.' He said looking away. Wow, didn't see that one coming.

'Clarisse killed them and I carried you here after you passed out. I figured you would be tired of always waking up in the infirmary.' He said looking at me. I smiled.

'Well thanks for saving me.' I said looking away trying to hide my blush.

'Just go to sleep, Mr. D. wants to see you in the morning.' He said and I noticed he was on a laptop.

I nodded my head unsure of what to say and fell asleep.

Nico's POV

I was on my laptop and turned around to check on Leah and noticed she was sleeping. I smiled and turned around. I heard something and turned around again.

'You have an Iris message, do you accept?' the mist said in the middle of the room.

'I accept' I said and the mist formed into my father. Oh boy.

'Yes father.' I asked not really paying attention.

'Hello son, we must discuss.' He said and stopped. I looked back at him and noticed he was looking at Leah. Oh Shiz.

'Who is this' my dad said raising his eyebrows.

'A friend' I said with no emotion.

'Well as long as you're using protection...' he said fading away. I felt my eyes go black with rage.

'I am not DOING her. Just because I have a friend that's a girl doesn't mean I'm going out with her.' I said through clenched teeth.

'Son that's fine, you can have a friend that's a girl but when she's sleeping in your bed I can't help to wonder...'

'FATHER' I yelled and Leah stirred.

'Alright, alright' he said in defeat but I know better.

'I need to talk to you at home maybe tomorrow and I want you to bring your friend here along.' He said and my jaw dropped.

'But-'I started but he cut me off.

'No buts bring her to the underworld tomorrow.' He said with authority and faded away before I could argue.

Sh!t, what am I going to do!

____________________________________________________________

What did you think? Please comment and tell me! votes are nice too! XD

(Kathalina I hope you like my story so far and I want to thank you for letting me use your name! XD see you at school!)

-Lexi